Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive read all your articles on how to remove the window crank but i cant seem to remove it...

here are pictures

ive also used this piece of crap tool worth $10 but for some reason it wouldnt budge. ive removed all the screws, and the door panel is now hanging by the window crank. if only i can remove this i can replace the broken window.

as you can see in the pictures... i tried to take it off and scratched the door... what a mess.... i know...

please help...

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
i just took my door panels off today to replace my speakers with some Pioneers ;)

the way i usually end up being able to get the window crank off is, to either, use a flathead and pry gently between the door and crank to be able to see the clip, and then use another small flathead to push it off ..OR.. ive always used the cloth/rag method which has worked a couple times but not as easy..
get a small cloth or rag and shimmy it under the crank with the crank arm facing down, and work the rag back and forth which should push the legs of the clip just off enuf to get the crank off...

i know its a pain in the butt.. good luck with it, its just a matter of patience and skill :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts