Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Tucson, and over time the rear windows started giving trouble going up for themselves; and basically only the driver could've moved them back up.
But now all the 3 passenger windows will neither go down or up for themselves and only the driver side buttons could control any of the windows (it's like I have a type of limo lol)

The windows CAN go up and down so i don't think it's the regulator or motor that failed, it's just that the buttons on all 3 doors don't do anything and i really don't know why. It's a but annoying having to control the windows for ppl if their driving with me.

Anyone else had this issue and what might be the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2014 Tucson, and over time the rear windows started giving trouble going up for themselves; and basically only the driver could've moved them back up.
But now all the 3 passenger windows will neither go down or up for themselves and only the driver side buttons could control any of the windows (it's like I have a type of limo lol)

The windows CAN go up and down so i don't think it's the regulator or motor that failed, it's just that the buttons on all 3 doors don't do anything and i really don't know why. It's a but annoying having to control the windows for ppl if their driving with me.

Anyone else had this issue and what might be the problem?
What switches work what windows? Up and down.
The four switches on the driver door work like normal but the individual switches on each door don't work for some reason

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
If you want to take a chance and replace the master switch in the drivers door. Better odds of it being bad.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I think it'll be the individual switches through lack of use and bad contacts. They may come back to life if you wanto try repeatedly clicking them up and down in hope the contacts clean up a little.This happens in my wife i30 tourer as often the AC is on and the windows are rarely operated. She's usually the only occupant so the master control is only operated

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,628 Posts
That sounds to me like you have the passenger windows locked. Imagine if that's all it was :D

2010~2016 Tucson/ix35 Forum

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts