Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a Hyundai Sonata 2000 it it set out side for the windows fogs up and i get moisture on the inside. I know a small amount is normanl but this is way to much. Anyone know what causes this and what i can do about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,851 Posts
you have WAAYY to much moisture inside the car. I know, you have a lot of rain lately. It is best to check the floor carpet & mats, and put news paper on the floor to soak up the moisture.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
You may have a water leak or a clogged drain somewhere - Suggest checking the trunk as well (be sure to check the spare tire well)

Try pressing a dry paper towel into the carpet - if it comes up wet then water is getting in somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Does this happen all of the time or has it only started happening recently.

If it has started just recently, and Duke says that it is raining, then your air moisture content wil be relatively high, causing the moisture to condense on the inside of your car.

The best way to overcome this is to switch your A?C on, but switch the temperature to the HOT position, this will then give you cool dry air, which will quickly demist most of your car within a short time frame!

If you have a leak however, you must locate it and have it repaired.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Hi pdxdennis

As a fellow west coaster I'm going to hold out for a leak being the most likley problem - If you've had the car for more than a couple of wet seasons and havn't had the problem before its very likely more than just the usual condensation we get to expect out here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by pdxdennis@Nov 7 2004, 06:53 PM
i have a Hyundai Sonata 2000 it it set out side for the windows fogs up and i get moisture on the inside.  I know a small amount is normanl but this is way to much. Anyone know what causes this and what i can do about it.
[snapback]2441[/snapback]​



my other cars don't have this problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by pdxdennis@Nov 7 2004, 06:53 PM
i have a Hyundai Sonata 2000 it it set out side for the windows fogs up and i get moisture on the inside.  I know a small amount is normanl but this is way to much. Anyone know what causes this and what i can do about it.
[snapback]2441[/snapback]​



will i just got the car the carpet is wet on the passager side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by gordo@Nov 8 2004, 10:48 AM
You may have a water leak or a clogged drain somewhere - Suggest checking the trunk as well (be sure to check the spare tire well)

Try pressing a dry paper towel into the carpet - if it comes up wet then water is getting in somewhere.
[snapback]2468[/snapback]​



nothing in the spare tire. bu i did find out the carpet is wet on the passage side
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,851 Posts
Originally posted by pdxdennis@Nov 9 2004, 06:57 PM
nothing in the spare tire. bu i did find out the carpet is wet on the passage side
[snapback]2530[/snapback]​



HMMMM, check if the bottom of the blower is moist, feel the carpet for moisture up the fire wall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
the reason it was fogging inside is just because it is very cold out side try to on your Aircon and adjust a little bit cold inside. Or open your window 1 cm. so that some air will go out. other reason it was happen is just because our body are absorbing heat that makes circling inside the car that causing fog in the windsield.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top