Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took the Limited in today for service on the wind noise. It was also a VERY windy day here in NJ. The tech could hear it at speeds below 50 mph, mentioned something about the Palisade having a similar issue and spent the afternoon working on it, taping here, there (and maybe everywhere). Couldn't get the noise to abate. He then drove another model on the the lot and it produced the same issue. He will be putting a call into the Hyundai Tech line next week and I'm supposed to drop it off for a day (or two) after he hears back from Hyundai.
Sounds like this is a new model issue that will hopefully be addressed by Hyundai and fingers-crossed a TSB will be issued. Until then, the radio will just be turned up a bit louder.
I am having same issue on Palisade limit

·
Registered
8 Posts
I took the Limited in today for service on the wind noise. It was also a VERY windy day here in NJ. The tech could hear it at speeds below 50 mph, mentioned something about the Palisade having a similar issue and spent the afternoon working on it, taping here, there (and maybe everywhere). Couldn't get the noise to abate. He then drove another model on the the lot and it produced the same issue. He will be putting a call into the Hyundai Tech line next week and I'm supposed to drop it off for a day (or two) after he hears back from Hyundai.
Sounds like this is a new model issue that will hopefully be addressed by Hyundai and fingers-crossed a TSB will be issued. Until then, the radio will just be turned up a bit louder.
Way back in the old days, we use to put the ac/heating blower on high, make sure it was in the recirculate mode, ensure all the windows were up tight, close the doors tight and stand outside listening carefully around each door & window, even at the door sills. Amazing how well it worked.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Way back in the old days, we use to put the ac/heating blower on high, make sure it was in the recirculate mode, ensure all the windows were up tight, close the doors tight and stand outside listening carefully around each door & window, even at the door sills. Amazing how well it worked.
I was using the leaf blower method to simulate the wind speed. I sat in the car and indicated to my helper where to aim the leaf blower. I identified two areas, tried taping the areas, gave up after I couldn't get an improvement and decided to let the pros deal with it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
UPDATE 2/26/20:
Vehicle was taken to dealership for the 2nd time relating to the wind noise issue when approaching speeds near 50 MPH.
Technician and FSE test drove and duplicated the issue. FSE took video recording and is escalating concern to Hyundai engineering.
I remain hopeful a TSB will be issued soon to resolve this. Dealer will be in contact when a fix is available.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts