Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know the wheels work. But the tire size is my concern. Is there going to be a huge gap in the front from fender to tire. Really dont want to lower vehicle any.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Put them on and see what you think.
Also, measure the diameter and compare.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
235/45-18 should be about the same outer diameter as 206/65-16, so they're about 1-1/4" taller than OEM Elantra tires. They will raise ride height by 5/8" and will fit snugly in the wheel wells.

The TPMS sensors are different between Genesis an AD Elantra so you will want to swap out the sensors or ignore the idiot light while it blinks for 60 seconds at each startup and then stays lit when key-on.

·
22,788 Posts
Ok thanks yall. Now to get them down on price they are asking 1199.00
When you consider buying 18” tire$ (ouch), and new 18 inch rim$ (ouch #2) I suppose $300 each, mounted and balanced, it’s not an outrageous price. But I’m like you: take a fist full of cash and make an offer. Show him the cash. Sellers hate seeing money walk away. They start thinking a bit more seriously. After all, how many people are in the market for Hyundai wheels and tires? Of course, seller can say no and sit on them until he gets what he wants. He could be sitting a long time. Or not. You never know.

Remember: OEM tires will usually need replacing in 30-35,000 miles. You ready to buy new tires again in a year and a half? You might explain that to him in the negotiations. All the best. Report back how it turned out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts