Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know or have confirmation about the Tucson getting the 2.0 Turbo engine soon?
When I search online I can easily find articles promoting this feature and posts that state the Kia Sportage will be getting it, supposedly by Jan/Feb 2011.
I can't find any info about the Tucson other than rumors. I don't understand why Hyundai doesn't announce or promote this as well if it actually is going to come soon like they did with the Sonata.

I currently own a 2005 Tucson V6 and have been holding out to trade up for a Turbo model if it will ever even happen.
Any informaton would be grately apprieciated, thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
QUOTE (Saybian @ Oct 31 2010, 01:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367713
Does anybody know or have confirmation about the Tucson getting the 2.0 Turbo engine soon?
When I search online I can easily find articles promoting this feature and posts that state the Kia Sportage will be getting it, supposedly by Jan/Feb 2011.
I can't find any info about the Tucson other than rumors. I don't understand why Hyundai doesn't announce or promote this as well if it actually is going to come soon like they did with the Sonata.

I currently own a 2005 Tucson V6 and have been holding out to trade up for a Turbo model if it will ever even happen.
Any informaton would be grately apprieciated, thanks.
I hope so because I'm dying to trade in this car. The main reason I bought it was because of the gas mileage, knowing the engine is weak I decided to sacrifice performance for mpg's. Turns out I can't get more than 18 mpg in mixed driving. I've had this car since february and i'm aproaching 11k miles now.

I've achieved 36 mpg's on my chipped 250 hp mk6 gti. This car has what, 180 hp? I floor it and it doesn't move but what DOES move is the gas gauge.

Anyway, if they don't come out with the new engine the tiguan is always a better option.

·
Registered
7 Posts
QUOTE (MikDee @ Nov 9 2010, 01:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370096
Aha! A Pleasant surprise, from my research, the Sonata turbo runs on regular gas! Way to go Hyundai :thumbsup:
It has to be one of the few vehicles with a turbo that doesn't require premium gas.
Well, my GTI also runs on regular gas but I would never do that to my car. It will give me poor mileage and the only reason why it can use it is because the knock sensor detects you're using less octane than required so it adjusts the timing. Is it good for the car? NO. Stick to 91/93, it's not that much of a difference in price honestly.

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE (chapusin @ Nov 26 2010, 12:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374896
Well, my GTI also runs on regular gas but I would never do that to my car. It will give me poor mileage and the only reason why it can use it is because the knock sensor detects you're using less octane than required so it adjusts the timing. Is it good for the car? NO. Stick to 91/93, it's not that much of a difference in price honestly.

I have a 98' Dodge Neon with the 150hp twin cam 2.0 motor, the factory specs says it can run on 89 octane just fine, but to use 91 plus octane to get the full horsepower, because the computer compensates, but I've rarely put 91 plus octane in it, and it does just fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the replies, I just found this on iguida... doesn't sound hopeful for the turbo going into the Tucson anytime soon if ever if their sources are correct.

"With no major changes likely, there’s little reason to wait for the 2012 Tucson. The qualifier is the outside chance that Hyundai will borrow a lively turbocharged engine from 2012 Sportage. This Hyundai/Kia four-cylinder turbo generates some 270 horsepower and is confirmed for the 2011 Hyundai Sonata and Kia Optima corporate-cousin sedans. Our sources say the turbo will not come to the Tucson, at least in the short term, and that a gas-electric hybrid powertrain is the more likely eventual addition to the lineup."

I really love the design of the new Tucson, definately my favorite of all the smaller cuv/suv's... just was hoping for something with a little more hp, maybe if the new hybrid version has super amazing gas mileage, I'd concider that over having more HP but for now, I'm starting to look at other suv's, plenty out there with the HP I want, they just don't look as cool to me as the Tucson.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts