Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Accent, it will not crank, no dash lights, nothing,,head lights will not even come on,,,no lights or power anywhere,

Has new battery,,,checked all connection including grounds, all fuses under the hood test ok with multimeter,,to include 100A ignition fuse,,,50A battery fuse, ect,, also check all fuses in the inside fuse box,,they are ok,,,

I think I eliminated the battery as the problem because it is getting power to the 100A Ignition fuse and Battery Fuse and I know these fuses are ok,,

Am I right in thinking maybe the ignition switch could be bad,,,,but what has got me confused is why no headlights will come on,,,

Acutally no power anywhere with or without the key turned on,,no lights anywhere,,no clicks anywhere when turning the key,,,basically nothing,,, but battery and fuses check out fine.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,,Thanks,,,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no power

thats what I thought but everything is testing out ok from the battery to the fuse box under the hood,,,all fuses are getting power and they test ok,,,,

can an ignition module or ignition switch cause this,,,

even if the switch was bad looks like the headlights would come on, at least thats my thinking,,

thanks for the reply,,

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Do the parking lights come on? I know in my cars the headlights won't come on unless the key is in run but the parking lights still do.

Does the dome light work?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nothing

nothing,,no lights or power anywhere,,,completely dead,,but multimeter shows power from the battery to the main fuse box, and all fuse test ok,,,

wonder if a dead ecm would cause this,,,

Thanks

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Where are you checking your 12v+ to ground at? No horn either I take it?

How about setting the voltmeter to ohms and take a reading from the negative terminal to the engine block. Do the same with the pos post to the fuse box.

It would not be a bad ecm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no horn either,,,I checked the 12 ground just on the cables itself,,,and I checked 12+ on the nut that holds the 100A ignition fuse in,(both nut sides),,,,,,,,,

new battery read 12.36 volt,,,,when the key is turned with the volt meter on the batt. cables the battery stays on 12.36,,,, so I know no voltage is going anywhere,,

Guess I could check between the battery and the main fuse box under the hood again,,,I know the fuse box is getting power,,,,but you know if the main fuse box is getting power and fuses check ok, then the headlamps or brake lights or horn or something should work,,I wouldn't think the ignition module would kill everything if it can't be the ecm...

I don't know of anything that would kill all power except battery/cable/main fuse box/fuse problems,,,,

the ground looks like it is grounded really well but I will check the ohms reading like you said and post back,,

:thanks for the reply

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
The main fuse box may have a fuse link bar in it. There should be some relays, such as the headlight and ECM relays that are hot all the time on the #30 terminal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The main fuse box may have a fuse link bar in it. There should be some relays, such as the headlight and ECM relays that are hot all the time on the #30 terminal.
Its a bad ground. Mine was on the battery. But when i stuck my test light to the engine there's power going to it when there shoulf have been ground. So check there first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 99 Accent, it will not crank, no dash lights, nothing,,head lights will not even come on,,,no lights or power anywhere,

Has new battery,,,checked all connection including grounds, all fuses under the hood test ok with multimeter,,to include 100A ignition fuse,,,50A battery fuse, ect,, also check all fuses in the inside fuse box,,they are ok,,,

I think I eliminated the battery as the problem because it is getting power to the 100A Ignition fuse and Battery Fuse and I know these fuses are ok,,

Am I right in thinking maybe the ignition switch could be bad,,,,but what has got me confused is why no headlights will come on,,,

Acutally no power anywhere with or without the key turned on,,no lights anywhere,,no clicks anywhere when turning the key,,,basically nothing,,, but battery and fuses check out fine.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,,Thanks,,,
Its a bad ground. Mine was on the battery. But when i stuck my test light to the engine there's power going to it when there shoulf have been ground. So check there first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts