Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a set of wheels for my '17 tuscon sport and came across a set of 19x10 +40 wheels that look amazing. Any one running this set up with the stock 245/45/19 tires?

Also, does anyone know of lowering springs for this car? i know coilovers are available but i dont want them for this car.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
10", the tires will be stretched a bit..... As far as clearance. No clue.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Those tyres can only fit up to a 9 inch rim legally. If you have an accident the insurance company will wipe you if they can put it down to being a contributing factor to the cause of the accident.
Easily done for them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had found lowering springs on koreanautoimports.com, however I don't see them on there now? They were $279.99 and i think 1" drop.

·
Registered
9 Posts
guessing that the 245/45 is your stock tire they will be stretched. a quick online calculator says that the setup will sit about 19mm closer to the suspension components, tire will stick out 13mm from its current position, and rim will stick out 45mm from its current position

·
Registered
73 Posts
10 inches wide with a +40 offset shouldn't rub if you're at stock ride height. Not sure how it will do when lowered 1". I'm lowered 2 inches on coilovers with 20x10 +40 with 255/40R20 (overall tire diameter of 28", mild tire stretch on width) and rubbed a little until I made some fender modifications. If you go 10 inches wide on your wheels, I wouldn't go less than a tread width of 255. Although I've done it on my previous cars, 245 might be too much stretch for some.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
10 inches wide with a +40 offset shouldn't rub if you're at stock ride height. Not sure how it will do when lowered 1". I'm lowered 2 inches on coilovers with 20x10 +40 with 255/40R20 (overall tire diameter of 28", mild tire stretch on width) and rubbed a little until I made some fender modifications. If you go 10 inches wide on your wheels, I wouldn't go less than a tread width of 255. Although I've done it on my previous cars, 245 might be too much stretch for some.
can you post a picture of your car with said modifications? i'd like to see what it looks like since thats basically the look im going for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts