Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2001 GLS with 112k miles. The airbag light is on steady. I've check the connectors under the seat.... all looks good. I've found the info online about the recalls concerning the sensors. Should my local dealer still fix this issue or is it too late? (This assumes that the recall issue is the problem, of course.)

Will the scanner at Advance Auto Parts identify the problem?

Any thoughts on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks! Mike

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You will need GDS or Hi-Scan to retrieve codes from SRSCM... the recall is side impact sensors I think.. I have never seen an open campaign on all the Sonata that been through shop.. All you can do is ask service fella yo run VIN on WEBDCS and see what comes up... likely find an open subframe inspect if the live in the right area..

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (mikeamondo @ Jul 1 2010, 04:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338031
I've got a 2001 GLS with 112k miles. The airbag light is on steady. I've check the connectors under the seat.... all looks good. I've found the info online about the recalls concerning the sensors. Should my local dealer still fix this issue or is it too late? (This assumes that the recall issue is the problem, of course.)

Will the scanner at Advance Auto Parts identify the problem?

Any thoughts on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks! Mike
If it was a Federal recall then there should be no expiration time. I see two campaigns. I resent that I had a similar issue in the 2006,

and this was the first time I had to sign a diagnostic labor Repair order. I have the best Dealer in the World, and they are telling me if a

connector was damaged because of something that flew under the seat like a bottle of Water, or a Ball... I would have to pay for the repair.

Makes you wonder why Hyundai lays these vital life saving wires on the floor under the seats. I mean what precautions were taken to make

sure these wires were safe? None :gitara:
http://www.automotive.com/2001/49/hyundai/...alls/55126.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts