Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get your opinions. I have no problem with a turbo charged I4 but i think the v6 is a better idea. less maintenance. and i know for a fact turbos go bad reguardless of who makes them. wouldnt it just be easier to refine/ refresh the 3.3. theres gotta be 300 horse lurking in the 3.3 coupled with good gas mileage it would be a winner! any answers will be greatly appreciated! :liebe011:

·
Registered
587 Posts
I highly doubt it. They say the YF was not designed to ever have a V6. Unless things change a great deal in the world in the future I think you will see the other manufacturers drop some of the larger engines from their cars rather than Hyundai adding a V6 back into the Sonata.

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (rallyman @ Oct 2 2010, 11:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360359
I highly doubt it. They say the YF was not designed to ever have a V6. Unless things change a great deal in the world in the future I think you will see the other manufacturers drop some of the larger engines from their cars rather than Hyundai adding a V6 back into the Sonata.
Well that just stinks! i like the v6 3.3 and as of now i am getting 20 miles to the gallon city and over 30 highway id say thats pretty good. Toyota/Honda/Nissan cant even touch those numbers in there v6 models and at best are only 20 hp more. What would you prefer? :liebe011:

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
While the government is demanding car companies to lower their engines' gas mileage (I saw it again just this morning), it is difficult to expect them not to scale down engine sizes. They make smaller engines more and more efficient. Why would they invest back again in developing larger engines?

·
Registered
541 Posts
QUOTE (melissa.928 @ Oct 2 2010, 08:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360363
Well that just stinks! i like the v6 3.3 and as of now i am getting 20 miles to the gallon city and over 30 highway id say thats pretty good. Toyota/Honda/Nissan cant even touch those numbers in there v6 models and at best are only 20 hp more. What would you prefer? :liebe011:
Did you get to check out the new Mustang with 305 horses with mileage of 31 highway?

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (mamamia @ Oct 2 2010, 12:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360378
While the government is demanding car companies to lower their engines' gas mileage (I saw it again just this morning)
Pretty sure the Government is demanding car companies to raise their engines gas mileage? :bwekk:

I'd say the Lambda Engine is a fine V6, and although only 10% of us have them, I love everything about it. World Class Motor :trophy:

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I insisted on my new Santa Fe having the 3.5 liter V6 because I know chances are good it won't be available on the next one. :(

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I certainly like the V6 in my '06. But, there are three reasons why it is going out like the dinosaurs.

1. A mandated avg. mileage requirement of 35 mpg in 2016.

2. A mandated avg. mileage requirement of 62 mpg in 2025. (something new)

3. Hyundai just announced that it plans to pioneer in ultra high mileage cars. And, the 60 mpg number was specifically mentioned as a target for Hyundai.

So when car buying time comes, it's goodbye Hyundai for me. And, I don't think the supercharge idea is such a great one.

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While the government is demanding car companies to lower their engines' gas mileage (I saw it again just this morning), it is difficult to expect them not to scale down engine sizes. They make smaller engines more and more efficient. Why would they invest back again in developing larger engines?
[/quote
No! there is plenty of hp waiting to be unleashed in the 3.3 and better gas mileage! the gov. if your post is true are dumb for thinking gas mileage rules,sounds like adolf hitler! and i did not spell his name with caps. because he never deseverd it.

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (delhiboy3732 @ Oct 2 2010, 01:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360380
Did you get to check out the new Mustang with 305 horses with mileage of 31 highway?
the mustang is not a family car! and i do find it odd they/ford would put that engine in a mustang and not a fusion. the mustang now days should be well over 670 horse like the old 427 tunnel port. again if mileage is everything than ride a bike and lets all become china!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
QUOTE (melissa.928 @ Oct 2 2010, 09:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360499
the mustang is not a family car! and i do find it odd they/ford would put that engine in a mustang and not a fusion. the mustang now days should be well over 670 horse like the old 427 tunnel port. again if mileage is everything than ride a bike and lets all become china!
Actually, China is the second fastest growing nation with respect to car ownership, India being first. They are achieving what most first world countries did in far less time, and suffering the resulting consequences much quicker and with greater impact than we did.

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (ActionMan @ Oct 3 2010, 12:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360511
Actually, China is the second fastest growing nation with respect to car ownership, India being first. They are achieving what most first world countries did in far less time, and suffering the resulting consequences much quicker and with greater impact than we did.
YAH! they wanted that! seriously! the chinese have not made anything that was reputable. except BRUCE! and BRUCE did not like the games/B,S, NO GAMES I DO NOT PLAY GAME/GAMES!

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (ActionMan @ Oct 3 2010, 12:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360511
THEY ARE TRYING TO COPY! NOT ACHEIVING ANYTHING FASTER! DUH! THE SOUTH KOREANS GOT IT! TO LATE FOR CHINA! :liebe011:

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
In regards to the 62 mpg requirement, I simply don't see that happening without a major fight from the automakers. Trying to hit 35 mpg average was hard enough...almost doubling that in just 15 years is almost not feasible. Plus with gas guzzler exemptions, the true average will be far below the mandate. And not to turn this into a political debate but I think the money should be spent researching alternative fuels but that's just me.

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Oct 3 2010, 12:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360519
In regards to the 62 mpg requirement, I simply don't see that happening without a major fight from the automakers. Trying to hit 35 mpg average was hard enough...almost doubling that in just 15 years is almost not feasible. Plus with gas guzzler exemptions, the true average will be far below the mandate. And not to turn this into a political debate but I think the money should be spent researching alternative fuels but that's just me.
YAH THE GOV. HAS ITS PROBS. :liebe011:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts