Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come across a deal on a set of winter tires and rims off a 2008 Honda Civic for my wife's GT. From what I can tell on the internet they both have the same bolt pattern (5x114.3). Anyone have any experience doing something like this? I'm wondering if backspacing (or offset if you prefer that term) will have any effect?

Thanks!

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have sold many sets of wheels/tires on craigslist and have learned from the buyers that the best thing to do is take a jack when you go to buy them and do a test fit. There is no reason the seller would not let you do a test fit of on of them, just slap on up front see how it fits, start the car up and cycle the steering wheel to to check for clearances.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Should be fine - the offset of the 2008 civic is 40mm, and the GT is 46mm (iirc), so they should stick out closer to the fenders, and clear all the internals ok.

·
22,793 Posts
If they fit, the price is right, and they're for winter use to "save the OEM's," by all means: Go for it! Harsh winters, subsequent potholes, ruts, ice build-up in the wheel wells, etc. are not a wheel's friend.

Just makes good common sense, to me. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts