Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ultra black 2013 accent gls and I was wondering will 18s fit on it.. Is there any out there with 18s on there accent my concern is the tires rubbing when I turn..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
175 Posts
17 ftw! Plus 18s throw your speedometer off more. At some speeds above 80 it can be off by 5mph! Also worse fuel economy, cost more, heavier. I think the only real plus is tire wear, handling (yet minimal) and looks dependent upon your taste

·
Registered
175 Posts
Personally, I wish I stayed at 16" so I could drop my car lower

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
FWIW, If you go to 18's.. Using 205/35-18 tires will keep the overall tire height and won't throw off the speedo..

·
Registered
175 Posts
I feel like that would be to "Rubber bandy" of a tire. i like my tires like my woman, with a bit of meat.

You can also state that rims outweight tires so they are still heavier overall. But its all up to the driver. If they want to look like they're riding on rims only like Fred Flintstone that fine by me ;)

I have rims that make it look like im riding on steelies :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
You can go with 205/35-18s but I think you might eventually need dental work if you have the idea of adding coilovers etc. Well, I might just be prejudiced due to a less than great experience when I went with plus two sizing on another car in my past. I agree with others here that I wouldn't go beyond 17s for this car. Most things about these cars say "economy vehicle" and I drive it like one. In my mind, 18" tires on this car start to evoke the words "ghetto" and "cartoon" like one of the Fat Albert kids is driving it. Probably the guy who wears the beanie with eyeholes cut out....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts