Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 Sonata LX v6 with 70,000 miles on it. It has been a great car with no issues until about 2 months ago. I unlocked the door with the remote and started the car like usual. Turned on the headlights and they started flashing. The kept flashing until I opened door then they would stopped flashing. When I closed the door htey started flashing again I had to drive home with the door ajar to keep the lights from flashing. When I got home the homelink system did not work. The following day I did some trouble shooting and found the homelink system fuse which also powers the interior lights, chimes and power antenna was blown. I replaced the fuse and everything was fine. The headlights worked like usual and I had no issues for two months. Well the other day I again got into the car and the headlights started flashing. I checked the homelink system fuse found it was blown again. I replaced the fuse and everything went back to normal.
What has me stumped here is if a fuse blows why would it effect another unrelated system and why does it take several months for the fuse to blow? I have checked all grounds, replaced the battery it was 6 years old. The car runs and drives great. I am the original owner so I know the cars history.

·
Registered
15 Posts
was it raining before you had these problems? in the past i have had problems with water getting over electrics with previous cars and shorting the cars electrics...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts