Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've developed a whinging noise in the transmission. After the transmission is suitably 'warmed up' there is a distinct whinging noise coming from the transmission when in 'D' or 'R' and stopped, eg. at a stop sign or red light. The noise goes away after the vehicle resumes motion.

I've been to the dealer and the transmission is being replaced this week.

My question to you is, if your transmission had to be changed out, what was the reason for doing so?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
All that I replace are for stupid shifts (in-out/slam, slipping)

Had an XG (5speed) that had normal reduction shaft sounds, (1-4, goes away in 5)... lady complained from 1 end to other, so we put anther trnas in with Hyundai blessing... (sound could be less or more with replacement trans)..

Put trans in, it a bit better... she comes back sometime later complianing about reduction shaft noise again... called assist, same drill, new unit could be better or worse.. advised customer, she wanted new trans again... she got the trans, and nosie was louder...

I have replaced a bunch of 5 speed in 3.5 Santa Fe for stupid acting 3-4 shifts.. Last yr I think I did 5 of them within months of each other, at 1 time 3 of them were ight togetjer on on the adaptive reset and customer drive again to see what happen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey MJ-I responded also to your other post regarding this same problem.
The service manager thought it was the 3-4 solenoid, seems a shame the whole assembly has to be replaced, but anyhoo, thank goodness for warranties EH !!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts