Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Im new here and new to the sonata scene. Just finished setting up my 1986 corolla and got bored and decided to setup my Sonata. After doing about 2 weeks of research, it seems to me that there are only a hand full of sonata cars that even look decent when setup. Is it me or do these car really dont have that great after market support? I mean come on guys... its like ricer status... Dont get me wrong... Ive seen like 2 sonata's that were setup great but the rest.... Me o My.... Anyways... Maybe you all have pics out there to well enlighten me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually.. Im sticking around... Its a good challenge for me... Besides.... I already dropped my car and waiting on rims already... I just hope I dont go into the ricer status.....

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
4,858 Posts
QUOTE (kulitko @ May 12 2010, 04:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322249
OK. Im new here and new to the sonata scene. Just finished setting up my 1986 corolla and got bored and decided to setup my Sonata. After doing about 2 weeks of research, it seems to me that there are only a hand full of sonata cars that even look decent when setup. Is it me or do these car really dont have that great after market support? I mean come on guys... its like ricer status... Dont get me wrong... Ive seen like 2 sonata's that were setup great but the rest.... Me o My.... Anyways... Maybe you all have pics out there to well enlighten me.
Ya aftermarket support dont the Sonata does suck! But you can do some things. I have a list of stuff here. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hyund...NF/275578112791
I need to update it but its a good place to start. You wont find many on this site who mods their Sonata. Thier just a hand ful including myself who does. This forum has mostly just a bunch of old farts who use this car as their daily driver. I guess thats what it was made for. LOL. Let me know if I can help with anything.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
:00000732: Like v33sonata said, most people don't mod their Sonatas... and those who do tend to over do it.
Every car will have their riced out versions, some just has more than others :p
Here's a partial parts list.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
hmmm...the old fart comment was a little extreme but fitting, I'll give you that. :thumbsup:

The things we 16 YO's did to our cars in the 70's made the old farts cringe. Bob, you remember those times don't you? :gitara:

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Alot of us have been waiting since 2006 for the Sonata to catch on. You can make the car look good, dont get me wrong. But the car has its limits to what you can do in the performance department. The maximum you might be able to go is a CAI, Exhaust System, and Kspec headers which are overpriced and then when you think about it, there is not much point because no one has broken in the ECU yet. The car definetly had potential, but the tuner market did not embrace it :(

The last generation EF Sonata could be Alpine Supercharged and had many upgrades because it shared parts with the 2.7 Tiburon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I myself am an old fart too... But still young at heart... These are my rides for now....

My new project with H&R 1.4" Drop front 1.3" drop back...

The rims Im waiting for....

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
4,858 Posts
QUOTE (hugamuto @ May 12 2010, 08:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322362
Alot of us have been waiting since 2006 for the Sonata to catch on. You can make the car look good, dont get me wrong. But the car has its limits to what you can do in the performance department. The maximum you might be able to go is a CAI, Exhaust System, and Kspec headers which are overpriced and then when you think about it, there is not much point because no one has broken in the ECU yet. The car definetly had potential, but the tuner market did not embrace it :(

The last generation EF Sonata could be Alpine Supercharged and had many upgrades because it shared parts with the 2.7 Tiburon

OR......Nitrous!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm actually just starting on my Sonata too. I don't have much plans for performance right now since the dealer can dig for reasons to void warranty, and also the fact that the aftermarket intake systems that are out don't seem any good.
My Sonata should be looking pretty good once I get some parts and those MR springs are released.

I would suggest staying away from the hellaflush look that will be a fad dying soon.
But yeah a good step in the right direction would be to check out the thread that has links to sites that have some good aftermarket parts.
There are some nice spoilers including an okay roof spoiler, also there are some lip kits that look fairly decent.

Also another diy mod I did was eyelids for the lights. Especially since the sonata body isn't to shabby, the plain headlights brings the whole appearance down in my opinion.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I always thought the Sonata and Accord kind of resembled each other.. so I wonder if it'd be possible to get an aftermarket lip made for an Accord and fairly easily adjust it to the Sonata.

·
Banned
873 Posts
kulitko, looks like you have great taste. i dunno what your so worried about, i mean you got a total jdm'd yo out hachiroku ae86 with super low offset wheels slammed (dayummm) and a set of gold bbs (what kind are they LM?) in freaken color GOLD which will look sick on your red sonata... but yea i gotta admit aftermarket parts are too expensive for these cars but i still rep it, in fact i just got back from my local revscene meet cruise just now like an hour ago :D its 12:38am right now and i should go to bed but ill post some pics of my car/meet just for you :D

·
Banned
873 Posts
QUOTE (Cowsride @ May 13 2010, 02:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322422
I always thought the Sonata and Accord kind of resembled each other.. so I wonder if it'd be possible to get an aftermarket lip made for an Accord and fairly easily adjust it to the Sonata.
im assuming your not being serious? the bumper is like 200% different shaped

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
QUOTE (craigbrooks @ May 12 2010, 10:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322353
The things we 16 YO's did to our cars in the 70's made the old farts cringe. Bob, you remember those times don't you? :gitara:
I remember, though I would like to forget some of it.

We did some edgy things, and some downright foolish things. We all used to sport "traction bars", and
we actually needed them.

While working nights as an ambulance driver, a certain yellow Mustang would pass by the office pretty often.
We would step outside to watch the show in case he lined up with an SS396 Chevelle or small block Nova at the
light. That Mustang would really put on a show, smoking the tires in 1st, and fishtailing as he grabbed 2nd gear.
He was stopped a few times by the cops, but they never wrote him up. They just asked him what he had in his
engine.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts