Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am busy taking over my wife' s new car and it is a 2013 Hyundai Accent.

I feel it drives well but hate the fact that it is soooo quiet .

Having a Subaru myself and this Hyundai is lighter on fuel(but less fun to drive) - and free- I need to get rid of the awful air intake resonators that make the car so quiet one can not hear or feel the engine.

Any suggestions.

What is the Hyundai warranties regarding the airbox /etc - is this seen as part of the Engine or not ?

Thanks

Bradlington

·
22,793 Posts
Amazing. Too quiet? Save any "quiet" that you throw away and ship it to me so I can install it into my car. I didn't see the "Quiet Package" listed on my window sticker. I knew I got screwed at the dealer. Now I have proof. :eek:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hi

I am busy taking over my wife' s new car and it is a 2013 Hyundai Accent.

I feel it drives well but hate the fact that it is soooo quiet .

Having a Subaru myself and this Hyundai is lighter on fuel(but less fun to drive) - and free- I need to get rid of the awful air intake resonators that make the car so quiet one can not hear or feel the engine.

Any suggestions.

What is the Hyundai warranties regarding the airbox /etc - is this seen as part of the Engine or not ?

Thanks

Bradlington
I understand. We all like tweaking our cars to make them just right.

Of course you could change the intake in such a way as to invalidate the warranty, like not using any air filter at all, which would definitely shorten the engine's life. The trick is to make it as load as you like without causing harm. Changing to a K&N air filter is quick and easy. If that doesn't give you the tone you are after, then maybe try the cold air intake or a new muffler. Anybody know which would cost less?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I also wish I had that problem [too quiet] with my 013 Elantra. I would stand in a long line to pick up some "hush dust" for my ride. LOL

·
Registered
102 Posts
I also wish I had that problem [too quiet] with my 013 Elantra. I would stand in a long line to pick up some "hush dust" for my ride. LOL
I hear adding a bit of sugar to the gas tank works quite well as "hush dust".

You may wish to use powdered sugar, as it is more dusty.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have the Injen CAI and it's still too quiet for me unless the gas pedal is flush with the floor, which I almost never do because I quite enjoy getting 32+ mpg.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interesting problem to have. I would go to an exhaust shop and have them set you up with a new muffler. You could have them remake the exhaust back to the closest flange. That way it would bolt on, then you could re-install the factory muffler if you needed to take it back to the dealer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts