Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Such a beautiful car and great audio but no surround sound. Its like wtf?

Who agrees that it should have surround?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well this is a new generation and most new cars have it. I've been in cars with surround, and it makes music a lot better.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ May 15 2010, 03:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323194
I think Music used to be a lot better :banana: Do you Drive Hyundai? :trophy:

No I do not currently drive a Hyundai. I drive a Lincoln LS at the moment, I'm waiting for the Turbo LTD w/nav to become available. But I am in love with the Genesis. And my cousin has a Hyundai Veracruz. So I'm a Hyundai fan I must say, their doing an awesome job

·
Registered
589 Posts
No car at this price point will have surround sound. Nobody offers it, even as an option. Not a big deal to me, as you'd need special CDs (actually DVD audio discs) to listen to it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Because it would be a complete waste of money? The only media that currently utilizes the 4-5-6 or 7-channels for surround sound are video games and dvds, neither of which can be played on the nav screen. The microcosm of tuners who will mod their nav to take external video input are 99% likely to upgrade the sound system anyway. Its well know that the fisrt and most bang-4-$ sound mod is replacing the stock reciever with an aftermarket one with clearer sound and increased power.

·
Registered
56 Posts
the nav system does kind of provide surround sound. for instance, when ur listening to ipod or xm click on the "sound" icon on bottom right. then on the top will be an option saying "variable-EQ" click on that. there will be 3 option the way that the channels are seperated. since there are 7 speakers in the car they can tune it to sound surround. the first option is the regular one but if you want the full surround experience you choose the third one that says "concert". it makes a difference

·
Registered
932 Posts
QUOTE (akalucas @ May 17 2010, 08:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323816
the nav system does kind of provide surround sound. for instance, when ur listening to ipod or xm click on the "sound" icon on bottom right. then on the top will be an option saying "variable-EQ" click on that.
Not on the Infinity system (Limited with NAV). That option doesn't exist.

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE (midas69 @ May 17 2010, 07:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323822
Not on the Infinity system (Limited with NAV). That option doesn't exist.
your prob right. the dimension system in the nav system does have these 3 options. it says on the manual it was tuned by some expert in sound. one of them provides a sronger sound, bass and more seperated stereo. the concert sound is the best in my opinion because it provided a more balanced sound and a nice surround sound effect...you really can hear the sound also coming from the back speakers as well. when i dont have this option enabled most of the sound is from the front and i only hear the bass in the back but no other sounds.

·
Registered
107 Posts
QUOTE (elp_jc @ May 15 2010, 05:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323223
No car at this price point will have surround sound. Nobody offers it, even as an option. Not a big deal to me, as you'd need special CDs (actually DVD audio discs) to listen to it.
The Mazda3 and 6 Grand Touring has surround sound. The 3 a few thousand cheaper than the Sonata and the 6 is around the same price at the Sonata.

I think its a waste to have it in a car because, as mentioned before, music isn't recorded in a format that takes advantage of SS.

·
Registered
44 Posts
QUOTE (arruda89 @ May 15 2010, 03:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323184
Well this is a new generation and most new cars have it. I've been in cars with surround, and it makes music a lot better.

It may be the new generation, but new cars shouldn't have surround sound. Cars are meant to be driving from point A to point B, not listening to surround sound, if you want surround sound, put it in your house. Surround sound is just another distraction, and an accident waiting to happen, because no one will be paying attention to what will be going on while driving.

·
Registered
44 Posts
QUOTE (jtfortin @ May 18 2010, 11:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323970
The Mazda3 and 6 Grand Touring has surround sound. The 3 a few thousand cheaper than the Sonata and the 6 is around the same price at the Sonata.

I think its a waste to have it in a car because, as mentioned before, music isn't recorded in a format that takes advantage of SS.

agreed. surround sound is only good for sound effects, such as in movies in movie theaters or for a home theater sound system.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
Some of you are nuts. :innocent: While Surround sound can be played from a regular SACD 5.1 Disc, to see this high tech conversation

digress into comments like the variable-EQ is sorta kinda like surround sound, and the Dolby Stereo Button is like Surround

sound, makes me wonder why these Posts don't get moved to our Audio Forum where all Hyundai owners can contribute their valuable info.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (02accentgrl @ May 20 2010, 05:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324790
It may be the new generation, but new cars shouldn't have surround sound. Cars are meant to be driving from point A to point B, not listening to surround sound, if you want surround sound, put it in your house. Surround sound is just another distraction, and an accident waiting to happen, because no one will be paying attention to what will be going on while driving.

I don't understand how this could lead to an accident when its simply music. It's not like watching a movie while driving and enjoying the surround sound from the movie.

My friend's BMW 3 series has Surround and its awesome to listen to. I don't see how this could lead to an accident tbh.

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (02accentgrl @ May 20 2010, 05:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324790
This is an option for the Korean version:

"Premium 8-inch wide-screen navigation with JBL premium 12-channel digital sound, voice recognition, rearview camera, and video parking assist system"

·
Registered
133 Posts
QUOTE (arruda89 @ May 20 2010, 10:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324928
I don't understand how this could lead to an accident when its simply music. It's not like watching a movie while driving and enjoying the surround sound from the movie.
You seem to be missing the point that NO music benefits in any way from surround sound. Music is recorded and coded in 2 channels, left and right. That is what stereo is. Movies are coded in 6-7- or 8-channels, one of which is strictly for bass, typically: Front-Left, Center, Front-Right, Rear-left, Rear-Right. THAT is 'suround sound'. So, the ONLY instance in which ANY sound system will benefit from 'surround sound' is when watching DVDs.

Maybe this link will explain it better.

Any difference you notice in your friends system, or ANY sound system, is 100% related to the quality of his reciever, amp, and speakers. Any improvement you attribute to 'surround sound' is purely your imagination, as no system plays music in 'surround sound'.

I think you may be confusing the existence of rear speakers with 'surround sound'.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts