Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and we are left stranded with the left overs...

it really bugs me...for example, if you ordered my 1995 acura legend in japan, you had the option of rear reclining heated seats, NAVIGATION (on a 1995!!!!), clear one piece headlights, luxury grill, etc.. these options werent available in the US

now with our current 2011 sonatas...I just noticed the sonata in korea had a panoramic moonroof and we got a basic power sunroof... WHATS UP WITH THAT?!?!?!?!

BUELLER BUELLER!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Its simply because we settle and buy the junk they put on the lots. If you want panoramic sunroof, don't buy a car with a standard sunroof. Once the manufacturer has 100,000 units of cars sitting on lots with no sales and 100,000 letters from potential customers that say they would buy them if they had a panoramic sunroof, things would change.

The issue is with the consumer, not the manufacturer. Simply not buying is the incentive the manufacturers need.

FYI...the panoramic sunroof will be on the Limited Turbo.

·
Banned
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (BigRedNole @ May 27 2010, 09:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326857
FYI...the panoramic sunroof will be on the Limited Turbo.

in other words - "you guys are fools for buying the first run of these cars...shoulda waited with baited breath" :blink: :rant2:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't think you guys living in the US have anything to complain about. In Canada we don't get the SE, the Limited w/o Nav doesn't get proximity key and push button start and no TPMS.

If we upgrade to the Limited w/ Nav we still don't get the Infinity sound system. To top it off, you pay much less for your Sonatas. Pretty good if you ask me.

·
Banned
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (wozzy @ May 27 2010, 11:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326883
I don't think you guys living in the US have anything to complain about. In Canada we don't get the SE, the Limited w/o Nav doesn't get proximity key and push button start and no TPMS.

If we upgrade to the Limited w/ Nav we still don't get the Infinity sound system. To top it off, you pay much less for your Sonatas. Pretty good if you ask me.
I can completely understand why you guys got less than us (which is sad to begin with)....its because you guys are Canada, aka USA Minor....if I was hyundai I woulda sold you guys accents rebadged as Sonatas :D :laughing: JK!

and for the record, our Nav systems have Dimension sound not Infinity :(

·
Banned
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you don't get the Nav on a limited you get the dimension system with the dimension speakers with a 6 disc changer. If you get the limited with Nav you get a single CD and on the radio it says Infinity. The speakers say Infinity as well. Now I'm not sure if the label on the head unit refers to the speakers or the whole system. The mobile website which I just went to for the first time (pretty cool) states on one page Infinity system and in anothr place (where the nav package is) it says Infinity speakers. So who knows for sure.

Now as far as features and options. I wonder what level of car Hyundai is in Korea and how many brands are available for purchase. In this country, they don't want to make the Sonata too much more than it is, since it would encroach on the Azera and on up the model ladder. Also, they are likely holding features back to differentiate the turbo from the hybrid and the naturally aspirited models

I'm sitting in the tint shop as we speak. Pics to follow.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
US-market cars are almost always watered down from their Korean (or Japanese) domestic market counterparts. In Korea, the first gen Santa Fe was offered with features that the second gen model didn't get here until 2009!! :eek:

Mine was offered with such niceties as a wood and leather steering wheel, power-folding outside mirrors, in-dash navigation, steering wheel audio controls, and the multimeter (aka the POD!!!). None of those things made it here and some still haven't. Hyundai is able to make their cars such a great value here by eliminating some of the luxury features from their home market models.

·
Registered
43 Posts
While we may not get all the goodies we get alot. Plus I've had a lot of Koreans who were here on business going back home in a year or two buy the cars here because their exports and NA built models were of significantly higher quality and higher resale in Korea (they were also cheaper which is why they were going to import them back home).

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you want to spend the extra 3000-4000 dollars for all those extras by all means go ahead.

For the record, a comparable featured car in the States costs 2-3000 dollars more in Korea. Believe it or not, Hyundai and Kia has a monopoly in their home country. Something like 70%.

The Koreans are jealous of what all the options that we get here for such a little price.

·
Registered
133 Posts
For some reason in Korea they don't consider Korean-made cars to be low-end value brands. In the state, for the most part we do. So they have to cut corners somewhere if they want to make sales.

QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ May 27 2010, 09:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326861
in other words - "you guys are fools for buying the first run of these cars...shoulda waited with baited breath" :blink: :rant2:
Pretty much. Its not like the turbo or hybrid were a secret. There's a reason some of us are waiting. You wanna blame Hyundai because you don't have the self-discipline to wait 6 months? :whistling: Another thing to think about: if you hadn't rushed out and HAD to have that 200hp Sonata RIGHT NOW Hyundai wouldn't be suffering from low stock levels. You wouldn't have paid as much, and the turbo and hybrid versions would be available sooner.

·
Banned
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
QUOTE (mostholycerebus @ Jun 1 2010, 11:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328428
Another thing to think about: if you hadn't rushed out and HAD to have that 200hp Sonata RIGHT NOW Hyundai wouldn't be suffering from low stock levels. You wouldn't have paid as much, and the turbo and hybrid versions would be available sooner.
ummm...my dealer has about 100 2011 Sonatas left in stock..I wouldn't call that "low"... :wacko: :blink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts