Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys.

Let me introduce myself first.
I'm a college student from Korea and desperately looking for a job in Hyundai.

Actually Hyundai is the biggest car company in Korea,

so I kind of know how Korean people think about it.
But I have no idea how other people think about Hyundai.

I watched some Hollywood movies or cartoons many years ago.
and usually Hyundai car was discribed as a cheap and low-quality one.

I guess this kind of thinking changes a lot.

so, I need you guys' opinion.

Could you tell me why you choose Hyundai car and what kind of image you have about Hyundai or Hyundai car?

p.s: You can help this desperately-job-looking-student by giving your opinion.
and sorry for my poor English.
Have a great day!! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi there. Your English is fine. :)

A friend of mine was thinking of getting a city car under our 'scrappage' scheme, where you get money off the new car in exchange for handing over a car which is at least ten years old. I had a look at the various options available and noticed the i10. Anyway after quite a few test drives of various cars the i10 came out the best in terms of looks, value, road noise. So one was purchased.

While I was looking at that I noticed the i30. I hadn't intended to get rid of my 12 year old Renault Laguna as it was running very well. However it did need new tyres, exhaust, cam belt and I eventually decided that it would go in the scrappage scheme as well, and a new i30 is sitting outside my house now.At the moment I'm still quite pleased with it. It drives very well and the looks have grown on me a bit. :) My main priority is reliability and the car seems to rate very well in that respect.

What did I think of Hyundai before? Well maybe that they were a cheaper alternative to mainstream brands. I certainly thought that of Kia, which is of course owned by Hyundai. Though I knew that the Kia Cee'd had got good reviews a while back. The i30 is much the same as the Cee'd.

There is still a lot of badge snobbery about car makes and that will take a long time to change. For example the Skoda brand was always thought of as rubbish. It was taken over by the Volkswagen group many years ago and makes pretty good cars now, but the image still persists.

Good luck on your job ambitions. :)

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums :00000732:

there are many things your could say about why you would choose a hyundai but to some it all up in a few words l think you could say........value for money

·
Registered
976 Posts
During my research (I'm a Honda guy and still have a Civic) the 2008 SF was very highly rated by Consumer Reports and some automotive journalists I know. Also, what I got for my dollar was way more than Honda or Toyota could offer.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (goHyundai2011 @ Apr 21 2010, 03:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315220
Hi, guys.

I watched some Hollywood movies or cartoons many years ago.
and usually Hyundai car was discribed as a cheap and low-quality one.

Could you tell me why you choose Hyundai car and what kind of image you have about Hyundai or Hyundai car?
Our # 1 American Cartoon, "the Family Guy" (drawn in Korea) promotes Hyundai all the time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88gcTx7NREI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIERHXtOmUA...feature=related

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:liebe011:

Thank you so much with all your answers!!
They really help me out! :)

If I got a job in Hyundai, I'll let you know first.

Thank you sooooooo much again!! :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Why did I buy (another) Hyundai? (I would have owned a third one if the local dealerhip had inventory!)

Great Value for the money and a COMPANY that stands behind their products.

Yuma,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts