Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone re-badging to an i30? I decided against it at first as it would create to many questions but since I removed my hyundai emblems and replaced them with the Tomato A&P emblems it has the same effect.

So I have been looking at a few parts, which end up having the i30 emblem on it.. And I just cant decide if I should get them or not..

Just wondering what others are doing??

·
Registered
660 Posts
I thought about it for awhile and then moved on. A lot of 240Z-370Z owners would re-badge their cars to Fairlady Z. That was the Japanese badging. I did it to my 370Z too. This one I wanted something that fewer people would have. If you are also changing the front grille too, it would be pretty cool to do.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was looking at a few parts that have the i30 logo on them. I dont know yet if l will pull the trigger out not on them yet.

If l did l would want to go all i30 and remove all the GT logos.

·
Registered
560 Posts
yeah, thought about it...haven't yet. There's a ton of 'em on ebay.

the i30 still has the GT logo though, doesnt it? It's just the name of the Elantra...

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Elantra or gt on the back of the i30, because there is no Elantra in Korea :)

Actually looking at the hatch, on the left it says Hyundai on the right it says i30 abs the tilted H is still in the center. . Seems odd to put Hyundai and the tiled H on the hatch.

·
Registered
72 Posts
No Elantra or gt on the back of the i30, because there is no Elantra in Korea :)

Actually looking at the hatch, on the left it says Hyundai on the right it says i30 abs the tilted H is still in the center. . Seems odd to put Hyundai and the tiled H on the hatch.
the i30 is the korean version of the elantra... its just the korean name

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the i30 is the korean version of the elantra... its just the korean name
What I was getting at is there is no Elantra name and there is no GT name in Korea.

In Korea the Elantra sedan is called the Avante, the hatchback is just called the i30, it is not asscoiatd with the Avante in a similar fashion as the GT is associated to the Elantra in other countries.

For example the Elantra GT does not Translate to Avante i30, its just i30.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts