Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting condition I've encountered during this wonderful little mini project. I installed LED lights for my turn signals. As expected, I got hyperblinking. Just put in an LED compatible flasher (pain in the butt to install that thing...), and now my blinkers work fine, but my whole dash flashes if I signal with the rest of my lights off. Works fine if the light stalk is set to parking lights or full on. Help?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. Tried that, goes back to hyperblinking. Tried load equalizers on the rear lights, no luck. Friend says to test the stock bulbs' resistance and the LEDs' resistance, and wire in a resistor to make up the difference, trick the system into thinking it's the stock bulbs. Think that'd work?

·
Registered
548 Posts
did you change ALL the turn signal bulbs? or just front or rear? Also..some vehicles have a separate flasher for the hazards but also run through turn signal system... You can also check out the service website for hyundai. Just register for free and view in explorer web browser for better compatibility. http://www.hmaservice.com....

***CORRECTION: hyundai service site is no longer free?? I went to log in as normal but looks like starting this year, you need to pay per subscription.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. Changed all four turn signal bulbs to LEDs. And as far as I know, the Accent only has the one flasher module, which I replaced for one that is LED-compatible.

350 Posts
Nope. Tried that, goes back to hyperblinking.
Right, but hyperblinking without your dash going nuts? If so, that implicates the replacement flasher.

Tried load equalizers on the rear lights, no luck. Friend says to test the stock bulbs' resistance and the LEDs' resistance, and wire in a resistor to make up the difference, trick the system into thinking it's the stock bulbs. Think that'd work?
"load equalizers" are resistors with extra-big price tags. Ok, they often have convenient connectors attached to them, but that's all they are. If they didn't help, a resistor alone won't.

I think the LED flasher relay you bought is not right. Whether it's just a defective single unit or a design incompatible with the Accent, I can't tell ya.

·
Registered
548 Posts
ok yeah, that sounds logical about the flasher itself being the culprit . Definitely not out of the question to receive the wrong or defective item especially electrical related @Shirley

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah. I'll check the specs and look around online for a better one. I know there's folks on here that did LED lights in their Accents, any particular flasher you guys used?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I changed ALL lights to LED's and my dash lights go on when i hit my brake. You need to wire some inline resistors, the power is backfeeding because of the low draw

1 - 9 of 9 Posts