Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I don't like buying new....I let guys do that and they can be the guinea pigs for the manufacturer to find their engineering problems. Give me the tried and true.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I love the interior, however the front-end styling on all their crossovers looks horrible to me. I'll be going back to Mazda.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I love the interior, however the front-end styling on all their crossovers looks horrible to me. I'll be going back to Mazda.
Same ugly beast grill look on the 2019 lineup for Santa Fe.

No thanks - but I'd never be desperate enough to go to Mazda and their overpriced and problem-laden SUV line...

·
Registered
42 Posts

No thanks - but I'd never be desperate enough to go to Mazda and their overpriced and problem-laden SUV line...

Mazda makes some great cars for a small company. As far as being overpriced, they're class competitive with most of their rivals, however they have the look of a more premium brand, especially their interiors. As far as their crossovers being "problem-laden" please explain. Mazda came in third behind Lexus and Toyota in Consumer Reports reliability ratings this year.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Mazda came in third behind Lexus and Toyota in Consumer Reports reliability ratings this year.
LOL

Most folks know that Consumer Reports is the world's most unreliable evaluation media.

History has shown that that same joke of a publication has rated products best and worst in back-to-back years, despite no fundamental change in the actual products during the same timeframe. This has happened with TV's, refridgerators, computers, and other consumer products. The have the credibility of a doorknob.

A few easy Google seraches will reveal the multitude of issues tied to Mazda SUVs, including transmissions, engines, and electrical to name a few.

In the meantime, Hyundai is clearly going down a path of echoing some of the trite designs in their most recent year (2019) product line. GMC (and to some degree Ford) milked those goofy behive grills and weird headlight placements for nearly the past 5 years. Enjoy - the farce will be with you. :surprise:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I agree on waiting on first year models and components, although Hyundai has FAR less first year bugs than I have seen elsewhere.

As for CR.....Yes, they have their hits and misses. Remember that in addition to their in house testing a lot of their ratings data is from those who own and use the product in question. We have used CR to help make decisions on products we have purchaser for the last 30+ years. That includes high dollar electronics as well as larger appliances and vehicles. We have found CR to be quite reliable IF you take the time to take a hard look at the information they provide.

Your mileage may vary.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
LOL

Most folks know that Consumer Reports is the world's most unreliable evaluation media.

History has shown that that same joke of a publication has rated products best and worst in back-to-back years, despite no fundamental change in the actual products during the same timeframe. This has happened with TV's, refridgerators, computers, and other consumer products. The have the credibility of a doorknob.

A few easy Google seraches will reveal the multitude of issues tied to Mazda SUVs, including transmissions, engines, and electrical to name a few.

In the meantime, Hyundai is clearly going down a path of echoing some of the trite designs in their most recent year (2019) product line. GMC (and to some degree Ford) milked those goofy behive grills and weird headlight placements for nearly the past 5 years. Enjoy - the farce will be with you. :surprise:
We could go back and forth all day, but that would be an exercise in futility, given the type of personality you are. :wacko: People like yourself are the reason I don't frequent forums that often. lol. Carry on, and keep drinking that Hyundai Kool-Aid.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't like buying new....I let guys do that and they can be the guinea pigs for the manufacturer to find their engineering problems. Give me the tried and true.
I learned to stay away from 1st year models with my 97 Grand Prix GT. Kept getting recalls, then noticing only the first few years were affected most of the time.

Cars after that
2005 Altima - 2nd to last model year for the 3rd gen
2014 Sonata - last year of the Hyundai YF

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
For roughly the same amount of $$ I can get a pickup truck that can carry more cargo, tow more, go many more off road places, last twice as long and probably get around the same fuel economy. Oh wait it won't have a 10yr/100k warranty - psst I don't really care.

·
Registered
441 Posts
We could go back and forth all day, but that would be an exercise in futility, given the type of personality you are. :wacko: People like yourself are the reason I don't frequent forums that often. lol. Carry on, and keep drinking that Hyundai Kool-Aid.
Pot meet kettle. How sad. No Kool Aid - just prefer to get some facts in making an important decision like an SUV purchase. Unfortunately some folks prefer rumors, innuendo, urban myths, and unreliable media sources to make those decisions.

It's OK - their money to burn.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For roughly the same amount of $$ I can get a pickup truck that can carry more cargo, tow more, go many more off road places, last twice as long and probably get around the same fuel economy. Oh wait it won't have a 10yr/100k warranty - psst I don't really care.
I already have a pick up and a new palisade.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Yes the front grill is a little over baring but the rest of the truck looks great. Don’t notice the grill anymore getting used to it.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
LOL

IMHO: I am on my fifth Hyundai. Only one problem, not serious) other than factory recalls. I had two Mazdas and they were frequently in the shop. I had CR for many years and finally quit as I found their information to often be unreliable and often outdated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts