Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a gently used '17 Elantra. I adore the car (so much better than my 2005 GT), but was appalled at the sound. I've upgraded with an Alpine amp and Pioneer speakers, but I find that I'm really missing a decent equalizer.

So now I'm considering swapping out the radio. I have a rear-camera, no GPS/no CD (I don't care about the GPS, I have a garmin that I love and am short so I have the seat at top height, which makes the infotainment screen a little low for where I'd like a GPS anyhow. Wouldn't mind a CD player though). The thing is, I really love the user interface of the stock system; just not the sound. So I'm trying to figure out who makes the darn thing in hopes that I can buy the same brand only better. But I can't find this info anywhere.

Does anyone know??? Or does anyone have an aftermarket that they truly adore for the SOUND (I have Apple Play, but don't really care about that either. I just want SiriusXM, Spotify, Bluetooth, and an equalizer).

Thanks, in advance!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
There's a lot of adoring and loving going on...I hope you have the max tint windows! :w00t:

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,323 Posts
So I'm trying to figure out who makes the darn thing...Does anyone know???
I don't know about the unit in your 2017 Elantra specifically, but most stereos in Hyundai cars are made by MOBIS, which is a division of Hyundai. But they make stereos for other car manufacturers too.

BTW, you can use the radios FCC ID to find out who the manufacturer is :
https://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts