Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ME!!! :( Not counting the morning warm up.

Well I idle quit a bit, right now in Vancouver BC it's wet, cold, and stank all the time. When I'm sitting having a coffee I'm idling, when I'm eating a burger I'm idling, work time lunch when I just kinda OD on everybody I take lunch in my Santa Fe I idle, etc......

Some other forums I had read on the cons of idling this one job site security guard guy claims he had idled his car most of his 8hr shift since there was no construction trailer to go sit in. 8hrs!!!!! yikes!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
It was -20C today without the wind chill. I sit in my vehicle for breaks and lunch. I let it idle for the simple reason of warming myself up. I call that a good reason.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
normally i don't idle, but its been around -28ºC give or take with the windchill around here lately. come out of work and i'm still waiting for my carpool buddies sometimes so i pull the car around and try to warm it up.

except sometimes im worse than idling...the accent doesn't warm up at idle in this weather well. with the heat on, it WON'T warm up at idle...so i might give it a little gas while i'm waiting.

at home is a different story. on the block heater every night.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I noticed that issue with my accent here. The coldest it got here so far was about -10c. It warmed up a bit but as soon as I started driving and had defrost running, the temperature gauge started going down

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
My Accent will cool down too when it idles. Having the defrost on will kick in the engine cooling fan but even with the defrost off the temp starts to drop. And when driving and the heater fan on more than 2 the temp will drop.

Might be time for some cardboard in front of the radiator..

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nah, it just doesn't produce enough heat in the block to warm up the car. They need to have electric heaters along with it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Any time it's <10F, I BlueLink start my car twice. Once gets it just barely warmed up on the engine...2nd time actually gets the cabin warm.

Guilty this morning as the temp was 5F.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I try to save $25 dollars off power costs by avoiding to use my block heater. So yes, I idle in the morning to get the car warmed up...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts