Hyundai Forums banner

61 - 80 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
2000 Elantra... just picked it up yesterday. It runs like a champ :trophy: Outside looks pretty rough. Inside is close to perfect. It shows 205500 miles. Auto tranmission, everything seems to be in place... The price was right... Only time will tell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As of today my 2000 elantra has 200,000 miles on it. There should be a prize or something. My wife thinks they should give us a new one. Have owned a number of hyundai's 1992 Elantra, 2000 Elantra, 2002 Elantra, 2003 Santa Fe. This is the only one that has given me zero problems. The only thing that has ever broken on it is the power windows (all of them at one time or another :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have A 2000 Elantra purchased it in 2005 with 58,000 miles and today it has over 240,000 miles. I drive it back and fourth to work 70 miles round trip. It has been a great car and hope my next Hyundai will be just as great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
....but not without taking heavy damage

I just rolled over 200K on my 2000...but I'm not sure it will see 201K (see my problem in the thread I started today). It's been an awesome car. I never liked/never wanted/never looked twice at a Hyundai before I ended up with this one. Got it for a grand and put 25,000 miles on it, and honestly, I think I'd buy another one if I found a good deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2000 Elantra GLS Bought new in 09/1999 as of today 385,600 miles and running. Original engine, manual transmission and clutch. Replaced all window registers at least twice, 4 - timing belts, 2 - radiator fans, engine idle motor, a CV joint and the pipe and stuff in it leading to the gas tank. Debating on whether to put some money into it to try for 500,000.

·
6,836 Posts
2000 Elantra GLS Bought new in 09/1999 as of today 385,600 miles and running. Original engine, manual transmission and clutch. Replaced all window registers at least twice, 4 - timing belts, 2 - radiator fans, engine idle motor, a CV joint and the pipe and stuff in it leading to the gas tank. Debating on whether to put some money into it to try for 500,000.
Wow! That's amazing. Sounds like you take good care of your car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
Just curios who has over 200,000 miles on there Elantra.
Please do not hijack this forum and turn it into a maintance issue forum.
In other words I know it depends on how often you change the oil etc.
In General I am just curious who has high mileage on their ? Elantra's
I know a few people that have over 250,000 on there Honda's and Toyotas.
Do you think that Hyandi's are just as good?
I am a recent Hyundai Elantra Station wagon owner I love the car I bought it with 50,000 miles and Hoping to get at least 200,000 on it.
If you got your transmission or engine replaced you do not count LOL.

So reply back with how many miles you have on your car I am curious.
Jonathan.
Hello!

My wife and I have 202,000 miles on the odometer for the 99!! Going well! Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hav a 97 elantra GL stick shift with 257,000 miles with the original engine and clutch. The car has been in the family since new.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Elantra GT. It has the 1.8L NU engine. I fully expect to exceed 200,000 miles and well beyond that. I drive an average of 33,000 miles a year, so I will be hitting the 100K mile mark in 2016.
As of today, March 5, 2014 the car has 23K miles and no problems.

I'll keep you guys informed.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Is this thread referring to miles or kilometres?
Edit -> OK it's miles. Mine has 147K miles, my son's has 144K miles. Both going strong though my engine is using oil. Son's is off the road due to emigrating. Might swap the engines over sometime though its a lot of work as I have no hoist or garage to do it in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 190107 miles on my 2000 wagon. The timing belt broke due to age, should have been replaced on time. This caused a problem with the ngine and I had to replace the head with a rebuilt top. This, said, I feel that the car has performed very well. I have had it since new, and hope she'll continue for a time more. But, my problem is finding the mechanic that will be thorough with doing the work. The replacement of the timing belt should have been brought to my attention by the small shop I went to. I regret that I didn't just do the maintenance before the bigger problem took place. But, again, even so, I feel I've gotten my money's worth. It's my second Hyundai and I'd love to get a Santa Fe V6 next.

61 - 80 of 133 Posts