Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Avis uses them for rental cars here in the US. Probably other rental car companies too. They are GLS fleet vehicles. Some of the interior surfaces are more vinylish so they can be cleaned-up easier. The seats are stiffer and not as comfortable.

·
Registered
713 Posts
That's what encouraged me to try Hyundai. When I visited Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia I could not believe how many Sonata taxi's I saw.

Ray

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oooooooo! Is this a stock color in the US? haha...
sorry...longtime lurker, hoping to get into a 2.0T one day.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As disgusted as I was last night when I found these pics,...I'm now thinking this has to be the best looking Taxi on the planet.

Still,..the yellow dot in the middle of the bumper has to go.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I wonder how it would look like in the standard yellow NYC taxi color. :grin:

·
1,914 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Let me get this straight..... someone is surprised to see Sonata Taxi's.... in SEOUL SOUTH KOREA? :laughing:
I was there in April and again in October... it's almost unusual to anything but Sonata's. (The other most common Taxi there is Samsung SM5's.)

I will have to admit that the orange is a bit much. :p

·
Registered
247 Posts
i hate it but i can't complain. hyundai korea mass produces sonata taxi's.
that particular orange one looks like a starburst candy.

and yeah, germany has mercedes as taxi's.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yep, Hyundai in Korea is like GM in the US. So it's not surprising to see a Sonata Taxi as how we aren't surprised to see Chrysler, Ford and GM taxis here. But we will probably start seeing Sonata Taxis in NA soon as Avis, Budget, Enterprise normaly dumps there cars every 8 - 10 months so it's getting near that time where a whole bunch of Sonata's will go to car auctions. Won't be surprised if Taxis companies will snatch them up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
does anybody note that the red part of the trunk tail light is light up, here in the us does not even have a light bulb, thats why i have to do it by my self

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
A friend who works in China told me that Hyundai Sonatas have been used as taxis over there for as long as he can remember, you see them everywhere.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I found an endless amount of older Sonata Taxis when I looked, but this was the first new one...That's why I posted it.

As for taxis hurting the image or value of a car...I saw plenty of late model Altimas, Camries, etc. and their sales and resale value don't seem to have been effected one bit.

·
Registered
330 Posts
QUOTE (Hues @ Nov 20 2010, 06:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373437
I found an endless amount of older Sonata Taxis when I looked, but this was the first new one...That's why I posted it.

As for taxis hurting the image or value of a car...I saw plenty of late model Altimas, Camries, etc. and their sales and resale value don't seem to have been effected one bit.
hurting the image of the car and hurting it's resale value are two different things =P.... I for one don't care for resale value becuase I'm driving my sonata till it doesnt start anymore, but look at how many camry's are on the road now, to the point it has become a poster-boy of the family sedan; boring and common. That's what I dont want the Sonata to end up like =(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts