Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
You need to fiscally open the cluster and look. Is either. 93c46 93c56 93c66. That is the chip that holds the mileage info and meets important is to make sure it plugs in and works as it should.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey @ilanpro .... I started a thread at the elantra forum here:

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/ad-2017-elantra/626170-instrument-cluster-swap.html

and this sonata thread was mentioned by another user. I realize that the Sonata is the older, wiser and sexier sister of the Elantra, but would you happen to know if these newer Hyundais store the mileage elsewhere besides the cluster? I read where it is also stored on the BCM and/or PCM REGARDLESS of what is displayed on the cluster, and as well can be retrieved by Hyundai if need be. Somehow, I know if I call a Hyundai service center with these questions, I will be hit with the 3rd degree and forever flagged as someone to watch for if/when I show up with a claim. Thanks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
not sure about that, is very possible besides we are not adjusting the mileage to cheat just to put on newer cooler clusters with the same mileage

21 - 25 of 25 Posts