Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have a sticky on the horn and I think only about two people in that post actually replaced their horn and looked like one was happy and one was going to try another one....

I definitely WANT TO REPLACE MINE !!

I was forced to honk again today and I think my face turned beet red.... almost every car near me looked at me.... at least it felt like it.....

So I am on a mission, I want a new horn..... I hit 5 car parts stores and no horn... they either had cheap little horns or actually found two places that didn't even stock them. They said they could order me air horns.... HUH??? I ain't driving no 40 footer.. LOL

He said they don't stock them cause most people never replace their horn unless it flunks the state inspection and that rarely happens.....

Since I will have to do this over this here interwebby thingy I need advise on what these things will sound like... I don't want a truck horn, just a respectable sounding horn that lets other folks know something ain't quite right and take a lot around...

Sounding like the road runner on a highway just don't make it........

I am open to advice on what horn to get, my neighbor is an electrician so installation is no issue.

There isn't a way to see what the horn sounds like until it is hooked up so if you got one and it doesn't sound like a Mac Truck or a teeny tiny scooter please let me know what you bought.......

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Quigley21,

I installed a Fiamm Freeway/Highway Blaster high tone ($16.99 and says it is 132db, but I doubt it's that loud) and the sound is loud enough I believe. It's the sound that an eighties or nineties domestic American car makes. It's louder than the oem scooter one and not scare you out of your pants air horns.
I think you'd like it if you tried it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (maximize @ May 20 2010, 06:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324826
I installed a Fiamm Freeway/Highway Blaster high tone ($16.99 and says it is 132db, but I doubt it's that loud) and the sound is loud enough I believe.
Those are designed to be installed in pairs (high and low tone), and sound great, as well as pretty darn loud. That's what I'm going to install. Just need to inquire how to remove the front bumper from below the headlights so I can also install fiberglass screen in front of the radiator/condenser to protect them from bugs and rocks.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (maximize @ May 20 2010, 07:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324826
Hi Quigley21,

I installed a Fiamm Freeway/Highway Blaster high tone ($16.99 and says it is 132db, but I doubt it's that loud) and the sound is loud enough I believe. It's the sound that an eighties or nineties domestic American car makes. It's louder than the oem scooter one and not scare you out of your pants air horns.
I think you'd like it if you tried it.
That sounds like what I am looking for...... Thanks for the info, I do appreciate it..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Black Lion,
Have you installed that model horn yet? I also liked that horn, but wasn't sure how to mount it and if there was sufficient space behind the grill for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts