Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago, I made the mistake of backing into the fuel door while it was opened, and snapping it in half. I can get a new part from the dealer, but it is only primed, I would then have to pay to have it painted as well. I have registered on many junk yard "parts" lists as well as visiting local pick your parts places....and nothing for a white Sante Fe.

Does anyone know a source for a white fuel door?

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Just an idea: it won't look 100% but since the white is non-metallic have you considered spraying the new door with a high-gloss white paint? Like I said, it won't be perfect but I'm sure it'll look better than it does right now. If you do consider getting it professionally sprayed it really shouldn't cost all that much. I worked for an Audi dealer that had bumper tow hook caps painted by the body shop for double-digit figures. As a friend got his bumper painted for $600, I can't see a fuel door being much more than $150.

Just something for you to think about. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
338 Posts
QUOTE (mperbix01 @ Jul 7 2010, 08:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339677
Years ago, I made the mistake of backing into the fuel door while it was opened, and snapping it in half. I can get a new part from the dealer, but it is only primed, I would then have to pay to have it painted as well. I have registered on many junk yard "parts" lists as well as visiting local pick your parts places....and nothing for a white Sante Fe.

Does anyone know a source for a white fuel door?
You can get aftermarket doors in all types of designs, in alloy and brushed steel effects you don't have to paint them, I think they do a sports design as well,
look on the web!

Gazza!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (gazza!!! @ Jul 8 2010, 03:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339740
You can get aftermarket doors in all types of designs, in alloy and brushed steel effects you don't have to paint them, I think they do a sports design as well,
look on the web!

Gazza!!!

The only thing I found so far are Chrome Overlays...I need to actually replace the entire door, hinge and spring....do you have a URL to anything in particular.....I will keep looking.

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts