Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday morning had the Tucson in for an oil change and tire rotation. Did the usual walk the lot to check out the new rides. Noticed a couple of interesting tidbits I'd never noticed before. The side profile of a Kona and a EGT is almost identical. Cosmetic differences, but not in size. So if interested in one, check out the other as well. Not sure if that was on purpose, or what. But they had them back to back in one section.

Every single new vehicle had a dealer sticker as well as the factory one. Usually a $4K+ upgrade at least. One I saw was $9K. Hope no one every pays what's on there. But saw one item on every single one, "Pulse Brake System, $1200". Can someone shed some light that the **** that is? lol

Saw many with "Tint", and yet the windows weren't tinted......LOL Guess they made it optional. But how many actually pay not realizing they are factory darkness........

·
Registered
941 Posts
But saw one item on every single one, "Pulse Brake System, $1200". Can someone shed some light that the **** that is? lol
The only thing I can think of is the pulsing brake lights.. i.e. flash a bit when you hit the brakes.

There's a basic mod for $15 that I have on my third brake light, which could technically also be used on your regular brake lights, so $30 for 2. There's systems for this also that are more advanced but do the same basic thing. Definitely not $1200.. that's a total scam.

And technically, modifying your brake lights is probably illegal in most places, along with also being illegal for flashing red lights (emergency).. so wouldn't be too fun if someone got a ticket for a dealer installed option they paid for.

This is not a debate about the validity of getting a ticket for a "safety modification", just saying it's possible.

If it's actually only a mod on the third brake light like most of the systems seem to advertise for, then refer back to the $15 I mentioned...

·
Registered
721 Posts
...Every single new vehicle had a dealer sticker as well as the factory one. Usually a $4K+ upgrade at least...
When I see this BS on a dealer lot, I go to another dealer. I guess they must be able to get away with it, because they keep doing it. But to me it indicates that the sales department is dishonest.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing I can think of is the pulsing brake lights.. i.e. flash a bit when you hit the brakes.
Pulse brake system is probably just the pulsing 3rd (high mount) brake light, and yes, $1200 is a real rip-off!!
That's probably it. I remember when I purchased a new 99 Accord EX, it had that added. I think it was a $100 add on back them. I didn't pay for it....lol

·
22,787 Posts
Last Friday morning had the Tucson in for an oil change and tire rotation. Did the usual walk the lot to check out the new rides. Noticed a couple of interesting tidbits I'd never noticed before. The side profile of a Kona and a EGT is almost identical. Cosmetic differences, but not in size. So if interested in one, check out the other as well. Not sure if that was on purpose, or what. But they had them back to back in one section.

Every single new vehicle had a dealer sticker as well as the factory one. Usually a $4K+ upgrade at least. One I saw was $9K. Hope no one every pays what's on there. But saw one item on every single one, "Pulse Brake System, $1200". Can someone shed some light that the **** that is? lol

Saw many with "Tint", and yet the windows weren't tinted......LOL Guess they made it optional. But how many actually pay not realizing they are factory darkness........
These guys (Dealer’s) are relentless in their attempts to make more profit. It’s no wonder how some buyers find themselves “upside down” 4 years later. It’s bad enough when you consider the hit you take on that new ride simply by pulling off the dealer lot. Why add insult to injury?

Think of it as going to the doctor with the sniffles. Next thing you know, you’ve had an EKG, total blood work up, sent to get a MRI, Cat Scan, and an EEG with full neurological workup. Ouch. Only to learn you could’ve bought a small packet of over-the-counter allergy pills. Lesson learned. Hopefully. LOL

·
Registered
2,207 Posts

These are what are called bump stickers. Just ignore them.

What those are are “pulsing” brake lights. Not a bad idea but another profit center for the dealer.

Work from the MRSP.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are what are called bump stickers. Just ignore them.

What those are are “pulsing” brake lights. Not a bad idea but another profit center for the dealer.

Work from the MRSP.
I only go backwards from the msrp.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Or better yet, work from the invoice price.
I should have been more clear. What I wanted to impress upon the member was to disregard the bump stickers. They are phony and just used to rope in unsophisticated buyers into paying inflated prices.

By all means, find out the invoice price and then find out the hold-back (should be 3%) and any incentives that are published.

There is "factory" money that I don't think anyone would know about.

My recollection is that I got about $5,000 off the sticker price the last time I bought a car. I don't know if this is offered in other locations but there is also, at least where I live, a $500 bonus from Allstate for merely listening to their spiel on insurance costs. There is no obligation to buy.

As I am a veteran I always get a $500 military incentive.

Thank you for clarifying the matter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts