Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my little I10 approaches 13000 miles it time to replace the tyres. As I live in the rural part of Suffolk I need tyres which are grippy and can cope with narrow twisty wet lanes. It would be nice if I could get more then 13000 miles out of them. Has anyone any recommendations which tyres might be the best ones to go for ?
Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I contacted a few dealers today about the continental . I was quoted between £150.00-£170.00 full fitted for two tyres. I was then told their was not any stock in the area. So decided to go for Goodyear Duragrip tyres. They are H rated (dealer could not get the T version). £120.00 FF. Hope I have made a good choice. It would seem having talked to a few dealers that 165x60R14 tyres are very hard to find and very expensive for their size.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm sure they will be fine. Got to be better than the originals.

I have to say that when it comes time to replace the tyres of my wifes I10 I will seriously consider
going for 165 / 65!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just use online tyre places like black circles or tyre traders. The prices are good and you can select fitting station near by.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (scm @ Dec 6 2010, 05:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=377427
Just use online tyre places like black circles or tyre traders. The prices are good and you can select fitting station near by.
Having priced up both sites at the best they can only match the deal on the Goodyears. So it looks like ATS really gave me quite a big discount this time. :)
I know the I10 only has small tyres that is why grip is so important to me. There is not a lot of rubber holding us on the road.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I gave only two examples and there are many more. It always good to haggle. I called my local garage last year and asked for 2 specific tyres- quote was £140. The same tyres fitted in the same place but bought online were £120. They matched the price :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the new tyres are on. I have to do a longish journey latter today. I will report back latter how I found the Goodyears. The one thing which really annoys me with all tyre places is that they just stick the tyres on with checking the correct pressure . As I think we all know the I10 should be 33 all round. One of the tyres was on 30 and one was on 26. :rant2: . Its bad at any time of year not to check them but when the roads are icy its just poor workmanship.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well a journey down the M11 was a nice way to test and break-in the Goodyears. Roads were on the main dry so cannot say how good they are in the wet yet. The Duragrips gave a nice smooth ride with no noticeable wheel noise. The grip from them was superb . I was able to go round bends which I would normally have to break on without slowing down. The I10 felt a lot more surefooted on the M11 and I was able to overtake lorries without the crosswind effecting my steering so much. The only downside IMO seemed to be the slight lack of feel from the tyres. You knew where you were pointing the steering wheel but the Goodyears felt slightly unresponsive. So on the whole great grip and ride but a slightly dull driving experience.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Although it states in the manual that the recommended pressures should be 33 all round.

Since that seems to apply from to whatever tyre your vehicle is equipped with ,

from 155/70 13 to 175/50 15, I find the advice somewhat dubious.

Maybe you should try putting the front up a pound or 2 - see if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
855 Posts
QUOTE (talkalot @ Dec 8 2010, 05:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378021
Well a journey down the M11 was a nice way to test and break-in the Goodyears. Roads were on the main dry so cannot say how good they are in the wet yet. The Duragrips gave a nice smooth ride with no noticeable wheel noise. The grip from them was superb . I was able to go round bends which I would normally have to break on without slowing down. The I10 felt a lot more surefooted on the M11 and I was able to overtake lorries without the crosswind effecting my steering so much. The only downside IMO seemed to be the slight lack of feel from the tyres. You knew where you were pointing the steering wheel but the Goodyears felt slightly unresponsive. So on the whole great grip and ride but a slightly dull driving experience.
Try them at 35psi

1 - 12 of 12 Posts