Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not spending over $200 on a sway bar. My question is this.

Do I go with the Sonata SE 17.3mm sway bar or the Optima SX sway bar which I believe is 18.3mm.

Are those specs correct?

Anybody have any experience installing the Optima bar on the Sonata?

I know the SE 17.3mm will be an improvement, but I would rather go with the Optima bar if better.

If so, which would you recommend. It seems obvious to go with the Optima bar since it is thicker,
but I just wanted the input of people with more experience with this then I.

I can get either for about $90 shipped from parts.com

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I've installed the SE bar on my 2011GLS, and the Optima SX version on my 13 2.0T Limited. Both are easy bolt on, just a slight diameter difference. I think parts dot com is where I bought them. Might have been rockauto? About 90$ shipped in both cases. Might as well go with the bigger SX bar.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've installed the SE bar on my 2011GLS, and the Optima SX version on my 13 2.0T Limited. Both are easy bolt on, just a slight diameter difference. I think parts dot com is where I bought them. Might have been rockauto? About 90$ shipped in both cases. Might as well go with the bigger SX bar.
How was the performance improvement with the Optima sway. Was it noticeable? Was it worth it?

·
Registered
305 Posts
been wanting to put one of this on my car since I have the front strut bar already to match the rear:D still on my to do list.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Is the sway bar spoken of here actually the stabilizer bar on the parts drawing? Item #17. Do you need to order bushings or do they come with the bar?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Is the sway bar spoken of here actually the stabilizer bar on the parts drawing? Item #17. Do you need to order bushings or do they come with the bar?
yes! that's the one. and found the answer already no need to order the bushings , just the bar itself:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used the 18.3 mm and it made a big difference over stock. What your going to really feel make a difference is changing the subframe bushings front and rear....Wow!!! Did fronts 6 weeks ago and did rear today!!! It stiffens the subframe to the car and helps weight transfer more to the rear so the balance is neutral. It also flattens he car more.

Try. Karbon Koncepts....Stiff rings! Shark racing has them to but less pieces and they don't reply to emails or orders and there in South Korea!!!

Cheers!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am going to upgrade the sway bars on my 2011 GLS.
I looked up part numbers on Parts.com I assume that my car as the sway bars listed for the W/O Sport suspension which are: rear 555103S000 (??mm), front 548103Q110 (??mm)

The SE sway bars (with Sport suspension) rear 555103Q110 (??mm) front 548102T030 (??mm)

I am assuming that the SE 17.3mm bar and the optima 18.3mm bars are front sway bars. is that correct?
Is it correct that the optima sway bars fit the Sonata? Both front and rear? Does this apply to the same years Sonata and Optima? In other words, would the sway bars listed on part.com for the 2011 Optima be the correct interchangeable parts for the 2011 Sonata?

thanks- newbie

·
Registered
30 Posts
I found that parts.com has two diagrams that show the front sway bar. They have the part numbers for "with Sports suspension" or "w/o Sports suspension" reverse in these diagrams so I don't know which part number is correct for the front sway bars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am going to upgrade the sway bars on my 2011 GLS.
I looked up part numbers on Parts.com I assume that my car as the sway bars listed for the W/O Sport suspension which are: rear 555103S000 (??mm), front 548103Q110 (??mm)

The SE sway bars (with Sport suspension) rear 555103Q110 (??mm) front 548102T030 (??mm)

I am assuming that the SE 17.3mm bar and the optima 18.3mm bars are front sway bars. is that correct?
Is it correct that the optima sway bars fit the Sonata? Both front and rear? Does this apply to the same years Sonata and Optima? In other words, would the sway bars listed on part.com for the 2011 Optima be the correct interchangeable parts for the 2011 Sonata?

thanks- newbie
Yes, they are the exact same. Just order the Optima SX sway bars. I installed it was like factory fit. You will need some clamps to hold in place as they are very tight. 18.3mm should be rear

·
Registered
326 Posts
I used the 18.3 mm and it made a big difference over stock. What your going to really feel make a difference is changing the subframe bushings front and rear....Wow!!! Did fronts 6 weeks ago and did rear today!!! It stiffens the subframe to the car and helps weight transfer more to the rear so the balance is neutral. It also flattens he car more.

Try. Karbon Koncepts....Stiff rings! Shark racing has them to but less pieces and they don't reply to emails or orders and there in South Korea!!!

Cheers!
I agree while the upgrading the rear stabilizer bar is a smaller piece of the suspension/tracking slop issue a good front Strut Tower brace and sub-frame bushing upgrades have the highest pay off improvement wise.

Larry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, they are the exact same. Just order the Optima SX sway bars. I installed it was like factory fit. You will need some clamps to hold in place as they are very tight. 18.3mm should be rear
So the 2011- 2014 Optima SX rear stability bar is part# 555102T000 and it's 18.3mm. Correct?

·
Registered
5 Posts
jbellotti...thanks. Did u keep the OEM stablizer Links on your Sonata, or did u replace them with aftermarket end links such as Moog K750603?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts