Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Santa Fe Sport 2017 was just totaled in an accident. I am on a market to buy a new car. Logically 2019 makes more sense but few things seem to drive me crazy. Why make the rear seat 60/40 instead of 40/20/40

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Because its cheaper

Why is 2019 more of a logically sensible choice? Its just a Hyundai. I'd rather haggle and enjoy big discounts on current year leftovers than overpay for next years model. And, who knows how many other areas were cheapened???

Reactions: Hyundaifan0001

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the discount on 2018 will definitely be greater than 2019. But no matter how much I try it will still be more expensive than the insurance payout I'll get for my 2017. So by buying 2018, I get to drive the car absolutely identical to what I had having to pay a few grand for the privilege. By buying 2019 while paying few more grand at least I get to drive a new car with more features and that will hopefully keep its price longer.

·
Registered
253 Posts
We were is the same boat 2 days ago. Our '17 Santa Fe Ultimate LWB was totaled. We purchased '18 Ultimate LWB ($34k) again because wife didn't like the new design, it "felt" cheap inside and we though, for $37k the front seats should be heated/cooled on '19 Ultimate, just like the '17 and '18 had.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Where are you getting information that the front seats are not heated and cooled on the 2019 ultimate?
From all the information (and website) that I've seen not only are they, but the rear seats are also heated.

Feels cheap inside? Please explain. Grade of plastic, leather, materials?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Where are you getting information that the front seats are not heated and cooled on the 2019 ultimate?
From all the information (and website) that I've seen not only are they, but the rear seats are also heated.

Feels cheap inside? Please explain. Grade of plastic, leather, materials?
Yes, we didn't like the grade of plastic and the car looks like a box compared to 2nd generation. The whole design, dashboard, rear view mirrors, little triangle windows, grille, just to name a few. We didn't feel like spending 37k on that car. This is my wife's 4th Santa Fe and 3rd LWB.

As for the heated/ventilated seats - it was my mistake, they are heated/ventilated. I looked at some weird website and they didn't mention those options in specs. Still, I think 2nd. generation looks better ;)

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
BlueLink

Yes, the discount on 2018 will definitely be greater than 2019. But no matter how much I try it will still be more expensive than the insurance payout I'll get for my 2017. So by buying 2018, I get to drive the car absolutely identical to what I had having to pay a few grand for the privilege. By buying 2019 while paying few more grand at least I get to drive a new car with more features and that will hopefully keep its price longer.

The 2018 will also give you 3 years of free BlueLink! :smile:

·
Registered
276 Posts
The 2018 will also give you 3 years of free BlueLink! :smile:
The 2019 gives you 3 complimentary years of Blue Link.

I'm not sure why so many are ragging on the 2019 but we should at least know what features are included with each trim level before comparing it to older models making it sound even more inferior.

Go build a Volvo XC40 and see how much it costs compared to the santa fe 2.0T limited with same options. Probably at least $43,000.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
The 2019 gives you 3 complimentary years of Blue Link.

I'm not sure why so many are ragging on the 2019 but we should at least know what features are included with each trim level before comparing it to older models making it sound even more inferior.

Go build a Volvo XC40 and see how much it costs compared to the santa fe 2.0T limited with same options. Probably at least $43,000.
I was comparing the 18 to the 17. The 18 has a great deal of incentives which the 19 does not have (as of yet). ;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
In Canada, no bluelink at all until you get the 2019 model. 2019 has 5 years of free bluelink.
Local dealer lots have huge deals on 2018's.. and a few 2017's that actually are priced more then the 2019's.. I'm not sure how they plan to unload those ones.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you have anything close to how things work around my household, you'll wind up with what your significant other will approve (if applicable :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Maybe...but by buying the 2019...you inherit the world's ugliest grill and a new cheapened interior from previous models...all while enjoying that wonderful first big year of depreciation. Yeah...makes sense.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I bought a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate and I don't find the inside cheapened. Replaced a 2015 Sonata Limited.
Some complain about the headlights. I drove it last night for the fist time in the dark and the visibility was great.
This is my first SUV and so far I like it. I got it with the 2.4 engine and AWD, didn't get a Turbo, since I
wanted something to be a little less gas hungry. Drove a hundred miles in one day and got almost 33 mpg.
Hopefully it will continue to be that way since it's only rated at 27 hwy.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My Santa Fe Sport 2017 was just totaled in an accident. I am on a market to buy a new car. Logically 2019 makes more sense but few things seem to drive me crazy. Why make the rear seat 60/40 instead of 40/20/40
Get the 2019. It has some improvements, like an 8 speed transmission.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I smell Hyundai new model Kool Aid...most folks know getting new tech (like the new unproven tranny) the first year it's offered makes buyers a guinea pig as to whether or not it will work/hold up.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate and I don't find the inside cheapened. Replaced a 2015 Sonata Limited.
Some complain about the headlights. I drove it last night for the fist time in the dark and the visibility was great.
This is my first SUV and so far I like it. I got it with the 2.4 engine and AWD, didn't get a Turbo, since I
wanted something to be a little less gas hungry. Drove a hundred miles in one day and got almost 33 mpg.
Hopefully it will continue to be that way since it's only rated at 27 hwy.

Good to hear this. When I climbed into 2018 it looked like a stretched version of my sonata and I found the exterior rather boring. I was planning on buying a murano.. then I saw the 2019's and I saw something more bold about it and liked it. I don't have little kids, they are adults and I have adult friends so rear seat leg space was an issue with the 2018 I looked at that the 2019 addressed.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I would think the tranny is probably very similar to the 8 speed used in the Genesis. Also the 2019 Santa Fe uses
the Htrac AWD, which is the same as used in the Genesis.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts