Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a used 2011 sonata, and I'm trying to figure out why the airbag light is on. Which obd2 scanner works for srs etc in the Hyundai.? Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was able to pull a transmission code (neutral safety switch) with BlueDriver. Not 100% sure it'll pull SRS though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was looking at bluedriver but the compatibility just says this for the sonata. no srs or abs?
  • Read/Clear Check Engine Codes
  • Repair Reports (Vehicles sold in North America)
  • Smog Check
  • MIL Status
  • Freeze Frame
  • Mode 6
  • Live Data

I was able to pull a transmission code (neutral safety switch) with BlueDriver. Not 100% sure it'll pull SRS though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered the Autel AL619 and updated it via memory card, it works for the 2011 sonata srs codes, and I was able to clear it after changing the clockspring. I just wanted to let people know if they had the same problem.

Autel AL619

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I use a BT device simular to what you posted and then use the Torque app. If you sync up your car with the PIDs you get access to all sorts from your ECU
Most people want a nice easy to use turn key solution. I own the AP200 and use it hand in hand with my Launch Solution. for the money the Autel is a VERY nice unit to have. Torque App is a step below what I listed.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I ordered the Autel AL619 and updated it via memory card, it works for the 2011 sonata srs codes, and I was able to clear it after changing the clockspring. I just wanted to let people know if they had the same problem.

Autel AL619
Glad you were able to take care of your problem. Hyundai extended the warranty on that part to 150K, there was a TSB out for that I believe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts