Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, this is my first post here & hope to get information regarding my choice, i saw the tucson today & i could say am quite impressed i liked the car, my wife also liked it, what she doesn't know that its her Bday gift in 20 days ;) :lol:
now i don't know shall i go for the 2.0 CLs or the 2.7, my wife never drives more that 120 km & care less about speed so should i go for the leather top of the range 2.0 options or go for 2.7 with a bit less options to maitain my budget or is it that differant you think i HAVE to go to the 2.7 ver

PS what i forgot to mention is i live in Dubai, for those who never heared of it its very hot winter is 4 months a year where temp nver below 15C & can reach up to 50C in some day in august, to many beaches & many off road area but roads are very smooth & nicely paved, i drive my Merc on the highway up to 220 km & you can hardly feal it
any guid is appreciated for more experienced people :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
From what I understand, its probably a better idea to go ahead with the 2.7 version. The 2.0 engine and weight of the vehicle will probably give some poor performance - although I never actually tried it myself. But then again, since this IS a gift, and your wife doesnt need the extra power, then you can go with the cheaper version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Originally posted by rmassoud@Dec 27 2004, 02:00 PM
Hello guys, this is my first post here & hope to get information regarding my choice, i saw the tucson today & i could say am quite impressed i liked the car, my wife also liked it, what she doesn't know that its her Bday gift in 20 days  ;)  :lol:
now i don't know shall i go for the 2.0 CLs or the 2.7, my wife never drives more that 120 km & care less about speed so should i go for the leather top of the range 2.0 options or go for 2.7 with a bit less options to maitain my budget or is it that differant you think i HAVE to go to the 2.7 ver
....& nicely paved, i drive my Merc on the highway up to 220 km & you can hardly feal it
any guid is appreciated for more experienced people :p
[snapback]4085[/snapback]​


I'd go for 2.0 and beef it up with all options available. As you said, your wife never drives faster than 120 km/h, and I'm guessing she's not going to concure the mountains (dunes ;) ) ... anyway, I drive 2.7 and I like it, it's pretty good in the mountains as well, although I had to artificially change the suspension.
Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,851 Posts
the CVVT system on the 2.0ltr 4-banger makes all the difference; the car has ample GET UP & GO, is happy at 140kmh, and is better on fuel as the 2.7 V6.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
well when you can afford the car as a present. and you live in dubai where petrol comes for free it does not really matter I would think.

however, if feul consumption matters and within budget the 2.0 litre has more options then go for the 2.0 litre

It is almost as fast as the V6 , up to 120 silent enough. etc

I opted for the very modern 2.0 litre as the V6 engine is old fashioned

see one of my earlier postings on why


good luck !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Scorpio@Dec 29 2004, 12:47 AM
well when you can afford the car as a present. and you live in dubai where petrol comes for free it does not really matter I would think.

however, if feul consumption matters and within budget the 2.0 litre has more options then go for the 2.0 litre

It is almost as fast as the V6 , up to 120 silent enough. etc

I opted for the very modern 2.0 litre as the V6 engine is old fashioned

see one of my earlier postings on why
good luck !
[snapback]4116[/snapback]​


thanks to all falks as for scorpio my budget is not for filling fuel but more for purchasing it, the differance between the 2.0 & the 2.7 is around 3k$ i'de rather put them on options more than price or thats what am trying to assitain
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Originally posted by Scorpio@Dec 28 2004, 12:47 PM
I opted for the very modern 2.0 litre as the V6 engine is old fashioned
[snapback]4116[/snapback]​


How is the 2.0 is modern and the v6 is old fashion?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Originally posted by dolomite@Dec 29 2004, 12:44 AM
How is the 2.0 is modern and the v6 is old fashion?
[snapback]4132[/snapback]​



The V6 delivers only 175 hp wich is not much any modern V6 should do at least 200 hp or even 225hp
the feul consumption is 40 % higher than german or french or japanese V6's
furthermore all modern cars with automatic gear coupled to a V6 have 5 such as Cadillac and some Audi, Mercedes and BMW have 6 gears.

the 2.0 is modern as it has "variable valve timing" giving it a flat torgue characteristic over the whole rpm range. You find this only in some other modern cars like Hondass and Toyotas.

So concluding, the V6 lacks behind with the state of the art cars like Toyota, BMW, Audi
The 2.0 litre is ahead of Audi , BMW and equal to Honda Toyota

Hope you understand my arguments, you can check yourself by simply comparing the technical specs of some cars.

cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Originally posted by Scorpio@Dec 29 2004, 12:23 PM
So concluding, the V6 lacks behind with the state of the art cars like Toyota, BMW, Audi
The 2.0 litre is ahead of Audi , BMW and equal to Honda Toyota

Hope you understand my arguments, you can check yourself by simply comparing the technical specs of some cars.
[snapback]4148[/snapback]​


Oh I agree and have notice how much more powerful other v6 engines were compared to Hyundai's v6s. Even 4 cylinder Hondas are at around 160 hp, which is only about 13 hp less than the Hyundai 2.7 v6!! Whats up with that?

I was just curious and always did ponder why the Korean engines were always weaker than the Hondas and Toyotas. Hyundai needs to beef up the engines on cars soon. Just imagine if the Tuscon ran on 200 hp........ B)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Originally posted by dolomite@Dec 29 2004, 02:29 PM
Oh I agree and have notice how much more powerful other v6 engines were compared to Hyundai's v6s. Even 4 cylinder Hondas are at around 160 hp, which is only about 13 hp less than the Hyundai 2.7 v6!! Whats up with that?

I was just curious and always did ponder why the Korean engines were always weaker than the Hondas and Toyotas. Hyundai needs to beef up the engines on cars soon. Just imagine if the Tuscon ran on 200 hp........ B)
[snapback]4151[/snapback]​


right, that is why I am looking for some emgine upgrade kiids for my Tucson, when I get it in three months from now.
I would like to bring my 2.0 litres to 160 hp or more. I already test drove it at 170 km / h and I felt it could easily do 190
so chip tuning , other exhaust, air filter etc. etc whatever is available I am interested in to make it a real fun car, and living close to Germany without speed limits, well you can understand

cheers my friend
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Originally posted by Scorpio@Dec 29 2004, 03:45 PM
right, that is why I am looking for some emgine upgrade kiids for my Tucson, when I get it in three months from now.
[snapback]4157[/snapback]​


If you find anything, please post for all of us. I sure as **** would like to upgrade my Tuscon also.... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i like that, well the highway i live near by is something like 100 km long 6 car lanes few memorixed radars & very seductive to speed, i do 220 to 240 on my mercedes easy
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top