Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting my son a used Elantra. I'm think about 2009 or there abouts. What do I stay away from and what should I be looking for. His mom made a big mistake on getting a Jetta, which of all the jettas it was one of a kind, PITA. I can do most trouble shooting, repairs and OBD code and repairs, no over hauls and major work.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello; I own 2 Elantra's (06 and 09) and have had no problems with them at all. I would have any used car checked out, but I would buy another Elantra in a minute.

·
Banned
998 Posts
I had 2004 (XD) for one year and now I have 2009 (HD).
Both sedans, both manuals.
Nothing I can complain.

Look for low mileage (below 40k so that you still get some bumper to bumper warranty) and make sure A/C was installed. Some come without A/C - it was an option.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought my 09 used in June. I honestly didn't expect to enjoy the car this much. for the year, it's a fair deal and you get what you need in it. My big thing was steering audio controls and Aux, most of the cheaper cars in this year, I couldn't find that. the mileage I get is usually around 32MPG which I think is great. on a long distance trip I even got 500mi out of one tank. it's not the fastest thing in the world but it goes. My one grip is the steering is squishy and slow, but this isn't a sport racer.

it's got ABS, 4 discs, Stability control. Mine came with XM ready and I think most of the cars do. So far I can't say anything bad about the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts