Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to replace both cv axles on a friends santa fe. I am looking online at a few different auto shops (napa, orilleys, advanced auto and amazon) and am coming across a lot that say they are a "exact fit" but they are all different lengths and some of them have different outer/inner spline joints. I know that the right and left ones are suppose to be a different size but i am getting multiple exact fits on both left side and right side that are different from each other. I wont be able to take off the old cv axle and bring it into a shop to compare so i am hoping i can get some help from the forum on this.

Its a 2001 santa fe (dont know the trim) V6 4WD automatic. Thats all i know about the car. If anyone on here has happened to change out cv axles on the same type of santa fe and recalls what you used that would be great. Thank you.

·
Registered
882 Posts
You must know what exactly the engine is. Hyundai put different cv axles on different engines. You can go to Hyundai dealer to confirm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You must know what exactly the engine is. Hyundai put different cv axles on different engines. You can go to Hyundai dealer to confirm

There is only two engines that is could be to my knowledge, the 2.4L L4 and the 2.7L V6. Its the V6.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Get it locally, if you get the wrong one, its easy to swap out. AZ has lifetime warranty on those. The new one not reman. If the boot tears, you can get a free axle replacement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get it locally, if you get the wrong one, its easy to swap out. AZ has lifetime warranty on those. The new one not reman. If the boot tears, you can get a free axle replacement.

Yeah i guess thats what i am going to have to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts