Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS 3.3L V6 - 100k miles

So my crankshaft pulley separated, which I've found out is a common problem through this forum. Luckily, I was in my driveway and had just started the car so there wasn't any damage that I've been able to find yet.

So I got the pulley off, but I've noticed there is a new part number. Autozone doesn't even carry it, Advance Auto has one for $110, but I don't know if it's the old pulley. Oreilly's looks different, but it's $200. I called the dealer, and even they would still have to order it, and it's $350.

Can someone lead me in the right direction because I don't want to end up with the old pulley again.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather just go ahead and get a brand new one. I've checked out the OBX pulleys, but a few people have been saying their's has broken within a year. Not sure if I want to go down that route or not.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
thanks for the offer, but i'd rather just go ahead and get a brand new one. I've checked out the obx pulleys, but a few people have been saying their's has broken within a year. Not sure if i want to go down that route or not.
iv had mine for the last 20k/3yrs (i think) without issues

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Same part available at Kia dealer..

Your Hyundai dealer not have a couple on shelf ???? We eat them things up.

Hyundai or Kia, who closer to you and have it on their shelf ??

23124-3C201 -- PULLEY-DAMPER $144.50

I have (1) on shelf currently..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ForceEdge - I didn't have access to an impact wrench at the time, so I used a breaker bar with a pole for leverage on the end of it. I wedged a wrench between the pulley and the frame to keep it in place and it bent my wrench in half when I tried to get the nut off. :eek:

So, I did the bump the starter trick. Wedged my ratchet on the frame and the nut and turned the key once. It popped right off.

sbr711 - Nope, they didn't have any. Called Kia and they didn't have any either, and it was actually more expensive. I went ahead and ordered the one from Advance Auto since they had 15% off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts