Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I own an i10 in Electric Red (base colour).

Just wondered which products people use for interior and exterior cleaning on their cars.

I use Meguiars Gold Class Wash - this stuff is heaven sent, with a noodle mitt.

Armor All Foam for the tyres.

Interior plastics and trim, Armor All Protectant with a microfibre cloth.

Haven't got much else on my shelf, and haven't found a good wax, although Meguiars Gold Class Wax looks ok.

Of course, i'll be staying away from automatic car washes.

Thanks,

R.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Hello all,

I own an i10 in Electric Red (base colour).

Just wondered which products people use for interior and exterior cleaning on their cars.

I use Meguiars Gold Class Wash - this stuff is heaven sent, with a noodle mitt.

Armor All Foam for the tyres.

Interior plastics and trim, Armor All Protectant with a microfibre cloth.

Haven't got much else on my shelf, and haven't found a good wax, although Meguiars Gold Class Wax looks ok.

Of course, i'll be staying away from automatic car washes.

Thanks,

R.
303 Protectant is miles ahead of Armor all.

Collinite 845 Insulator wax.

Yep, no car washes............... if at all possible.............. in the no freeze zone.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Grand,

I've heard of those products after a breif visit to detailingworld.com I'll bear them in mind.

I do need to find a good wax before winter. Typically, i'm limited to high street superstores, like Halfords.

Thanks,

R.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm particular to Chemical Guys/SmartWax products. SmartWax products are for the "novice" whereas Chemical Guys is more for the serious detailer!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a Veracruz and the leather smells too raw, much like the animals that they where skinned from. Is there any way to help cover the smell? I tried products from Febreeze car vent air fresheners to some odd remedy's like baby oil and Vaseline. The smell is more pungent in the summer of course but nothing helped. If the seats smelled more like leather,musty leather ect. I would be fine, but the leather in my Veracruz smells like the actual animal.

I am open to some suggestions, and no. No real eating goes on. The vehicle is cleaned regularly. I searched the internet but haven't come across if a vehicle still smell like an animal. I did hear the cheaper leathers uses stuff like fish oil, but I really don't know.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
I used to swear by Meguires products when I was physically able to detail my car. Going to actually have to pay someone to detail the Accent 8ne of these days. After I get a little body work done.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a Veracruz and the leather smells too raw, much like the animals that they where skinned from. Is there any way to help cover the smell? I tried products from Febreeze car vent air fresheners to some odd remedy's like baby oil and Vaseline. The smell is more pungent in the summer of course but nothing helped. If the seats smelled more like leather,musty leather ect. I would be fine, but the leather in my Veracruz smells like the actual animal.

I am open to some suggestions, and no. No real eating goes on. The vehicle is cleaned regularly. I searched the internet but haven't come across if a vehicle still smell like an animal. I did hear the cheaper leathers uses stuff like fish oil, but I really don't know.
Mono, try this: Chemical Guys SPI_103_16 - Sprayable Leather Cleaner & Conditioner in One (16 oz)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Best Cleaning Products

After a hard day of Zombie Hunting, I've found the following very useful for cleaning Zombie debris off my exterior:

1. A steel rake to remove large Zombies stuck on bumper.
2. A finer grass rake to remove the smaller leftover appendages.
3. Then rinse with a fire hose to loosen dried fluids.
4. Scrub off remaining stuck-on residue with an SOS pad.
5. Repeat with a final fire hose rinse.
;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to try some Meguiars Gold Class Wax over the next best weekend, weather wise.

The engine bay needs a bit of clean or wipe over now too, so i'll what is available.

What is Optimum Opti-coat?

R.

·
Registered
542 Posts
After a hard day of Zombie Hunting, I've found the following very useful for cleaning Zombie debris off my exterior:

1. A steel rake to remove large Zombies stuck on bumper.
2. A finer grass rake to remove the smaller leftover appendages.
3. Then rinse with a fire hose to loosen dried fluids.
4. Scrub off remaining stuck-on residue with an SOS pad.
5. Repeat with a final fire hose rinse.
;)
Thanks for the cleaning tips. I will follow your process next time. The car should look magnificent after im finished. Lmao!

Sent from my SCH-I535

1 - 14 of 14 Posts