Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rock Auto has 50+ brake pads to choose from. It's my wife's car. Normal Connecticut driving for shopping, 30 - 45 minute drives to events.
Looks like front & rear are sold separately, so they are different from each other ??
Thoughts ?
2013 Elantra GT

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Which ever brand name starts with the same letter as your last name. Close is good enough.

·
Registered
504 Posts
replacing brake pads alone and not the rotors is not a good idea to do. for 2 reasons 1st it will affect stoping distance because your puting on new brake pads on old worn rotors that cant bite well enough into the rotor for stoping fast enough 2nd the old worn rotor's most likely are thinned out of thickness there called for and can't disipate heat quickly enough wich also can create cracks wich inturn could break apart at

anytimes notice wich could result in a accident if your realing on them to stop. proper way of replacing brakes is to do it right. that includes replacing rotors & pads it will stop right all the time & obviously greaseing slider pins, pad's ears, & changing the old brake fluid that's the proper correct brake procedure to do for a backyard dy'r

·
Registered
10 Posts
IF you're still looking....I bought drilled and slotted rotors front and back and Akebono pads for about $140. seemed cheap to me. they were excellent quality and work VERY WELL!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts