Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am with Geico and pay semi-yearly, $600 dollars. what about you guys? it's about renewed time. I got a quote from Elephant with $69 monthly with NONE deductible. I would like to hear about you guys. thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
USAA: 300/500, full collision and comp, min. deductible, 2 drivers for the Sonata less than $500/yr.

Larry

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
This forum will not help much as every state, every person is different and some carriers do not do business in all states. Age and driving record a huge factor, homeowners etc. You can only shop around for yourself and see what is best for you.

Anyway, with my 2012 and 2013 cars I pay $982 ANNUALLY with full collision and 250,000 liability. Erie Insurance Co. Been with them over 15 years though

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've shopped around a lot, and always find the best overall rates if I keep all my policies under one roof. Liberty Mutual has my business for Home and Auto. Staying with one Company and building a relationship also works to your advantage when you have to make a claim. I've always gotten far over book value or replacement cost in cases where a vehicle has gotten totaled.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Geico gave me the lowest out of everyone with what I wanted out of my policy. Pricing of the insurance is also domesticated.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think car insurance is all over the map depending on which state you're in.. and that's besides the usual demographics and personal information...California is the only state where car insurance has gone down in the last two decades...and that's due to laws passed in the 80s. That being said, fully maxed insurance coverage for a 2013 Accent would be around $1000/year with my carrier ( Geico ). You may pay $69/mo for insurance with the new carrier but it may be a living **** to get a claim check whereas you might pay more for AAA but they usually payout quickly. You're paying for that in your premium and that's another angle to consider. In my experience, "Skippy's Lo Cost Insurance" isn't the way to go.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
I think car insurance is all over the map depending on which state you're in.. and that's besides the usual demographics and personal information...California is the only state where car insurance has gone down in the last two decades...and that's due to laws passed in the 80s. That being said, fully maxed insurance coverage for a 2013 Accent would be around $1000/year with my carrier ( Geico ). You may pay $69/mo for insurance with the new carrier but it may be a living **** to get a claim check whereas you might pay more for AAA but they usually payout quickly. You're paying for that in your premium and that's another angle to consider. In my experience, "Skippy's Lo Cost Insurance" isn't the way to go.
+1. Also, if you have a lien on your car, there are certain limits (BI, Collision, etc) that have to be met in order to satisfy the lender. Skippys most def would not pass the smell test, so you would end up with whatever the bank chose. Which is never a good thing.

BTW I am with that "Flo" gal and paying about 1200/yr for 2 cars, 100/300 BI limits and 500 ded with glass. Also in flyover country.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
There are many variables in the cost of auto insurance, but here's a recent reality about servicing a claim:
The guy who slammed into my 2011 and totaled it had AAA, while I have Farmers. I called AAA right after the accident to get the ball rolling. The rep was not very nice to talk to, it felt more like an arguement than her taking my information. She said the processsing would take at least 7 to 10 working days. I called Farmers next, since I'm their client they were much nicer, and took over the claim, processing everything except my required report to the Highway patrol.
My car was towed home that Wednesday morning, the adjuster was there in a mere two hours, and I had almost $18K wired into my checking account that Friday morning. I was very pleased. Having that cash in my account made it a lot easier to work a very good deal on my new 2.0T the following day.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Service is key. I have always heard great things about Farmers and USAA (surprised that they were so rude to you, Scott) However, they factor that into your premium as well.

If OP is striving for a certain price due to budget/life events/driving etc...this will be the first thing to disappear.

Heck, I bet you even have an agent. A real live one with an office and business card, not like mine who is a low paid call center worker.

Just food for thought...

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
me and wife are on progressive. i'm almost done with the snapshot and hers has a few extray days over mine..after those discounts are added we will be at about $580-600 semi annually

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
USAA 0/0 deductible $350,000 coverage 90 rental $189 a month.
no bad for a 24 year old :)
i am 24 years old too. lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sometimes it pays to be old. I pay just over $189 a year.
That rate definitely is not for a Sonata with full coverage thru USAA and I even doubt it's for the Santa Fe in your signature. You might get it under $200 every 6mos, but that would again not be full coverage.

Larry

·
Registered
808 Posts
i am with Geico and pay semi-yearly, $600 dollars. what about you guys? it's about renewed time. I got a quote from Elephant with $69 monthly with NONE deductible. I would like to hear about you guys. thanks
I am with Geico also. Around $320 (500 deductible) every 6 months. Good deal i think

1 - 20 of 30 Posts