Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post!

Anyways, I own a 2003 Hyundai Sonata which is nearing around 100k and it has been incredibly reliable. Though it's gas mileage is completely sub par, and it's not the "funnest" car to drive, still love it though! So I've been looking around and I've pretty much locked myself into 3 door hatchbacks. Sadly there aren't many here in the US that I'm interested in. After researching awhile I've found the Accent to be the best looking and cheapest 3-door hatch I could find, with good reviews to boot.

My question is, which year should I be looking at?

I read that the Accent SE has lost and gained features throughout each year, though I can't find the actually specs. I really want the SR (best looking hatch imo) though I would have to take a short trip to Canada and I hear bringing cars over the border is a pain with paperwork and fees and such. Lastly I'd rather not get the 2010 because it's so pricey, I'm looking in the $10,000ish range, the lower the better!

Thanks!

·
Registered
724 Posts
I know to bring a car into Canada, it isn't more than 72 hours to search the records, then taxes. After that, just safety compliance.

·
Registered
302 Posts
2007 probably best year (same year as SR) since it gets all the nice stuff, fully folding rear seats, rear disc brakes, abs, temp gauge, all those nice stuff.

on a side note, i found the cheapest brand new 2010 SE in canada so far. a dealership not far away from my place is selling a black 2010 SE for $12995, almost like a GL.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
QUOTE (TwitchAutoSystems @ May 20 2010, 06:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324821
I know to bring a car into Canada, it isn't more than 72 hours to search the records, then taxes. After that, just safety compliance.
Agree with Twitch here....but I don't think you would find an SR for sale anywhere :grin: I live in Canada and have never
even seen one in person...maybe I'll see MSVG's at Hunday Sunday this year :banana:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This car is pretty difficult to find used with the 5spd manual! Every place around here only has them in automatics.

QUOTE (ausom accent 9 @ May 20 2010, 09:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324879
Agree with Twitch here....but I don't think you would find an SR for sale anywhere :grin: I live in Canada and have never
even seen one in person...maybe I'll see MSVG's at Hunday Sunday this year :banana:
I googled "Hyundai Accent SR for sale" and came up with some places in Ontario selling them around $10000, though all automatics. :(

·
Registered
810 Posts
There are an incredible amount of Accent SRs here in Edmonton. I know of at least 5, which isn't too shabby for a car where only 500 were made. I'm sure there's probably more. And yeah, as someone else said unfortunately they're all automatics.

As far as which model year, '07 or '09. Both were excellent years. '09 lack some features that '07s have, but they're newer and their reliability/safety ratings are higher than the '07s. Up to you, ultimately.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
QUOTE (crono1009 @ May 20 2010, 08:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324885
This car is pretty difficult to find used with the 5spd manual! Every place around here only has them in automatics.

I googled "Hyundai Accent SR for sale" and came up with some places in Ontario selling them around $10000, though all automatics. :(
Yeah you are right....funny I know a few SR owners and only one has an auto......Kaetyn (ATARI) :grin:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Not sure. I could be wrong, but I want to say that the aux input wasn't standard until '09s.

·
Registered
57 Posts
QUOTE (Naky @ May 22 2010, 06:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325243
Not sure. I could be wrong, but I want to say that the aux input wasn't standard until '09s.
I just bought a 2007 with 20k yesterday for $7555 from a Honda dealer. The radios are different on the older ones.. we don't have aux. The newer ones I believe have a bigger display also and some other features. But there are 2 or 3 different radios.. the Cd one, the CD and cassette combo, and atleast one more.

As for features I am a newbie so I don't know that much, but 2010's come standard with sunroof, 07's it was optional and so was the cd + cass radio- I have neither. It would be interesting if someone could find and list all the year to year changes.. this site usually has good info for that....

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com...sumer-guide.htm

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
QUOTE (JoeyBello @ May 30 2010, 08:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327968
I just bought a 2007 with 20k yesterday for $7555 from a Honda dealer. The radios are different on the older ones.. we don't have aux. The newer ones I believe have a bigger display also and some other features. But there are 2 or 3 different radios.. the Cd one, the CD and cassette combo, and atleast one more.

As for features I am a newbie so I don't know that much, but 2010's come standard with sunroof, 07's it was optional and so was the cd + cass radio- I have neither. It would be interesting if someone could find and list all the year to year changes.. this site usually has good info for that....

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com...sumer-guide.htm
People still use cassettes??? :innocent:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
i know 2009 had cruise control and sunroof packaged together as a $1000 option. sometimes i wish i had it but the feeling usually passes a minute later and im glad i dont have the extra weight as standard.

congrats on the new purchase by the way, i am well on my way towards hitting 20k this year on mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts