Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Can anyone tell me where this plug goes on a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS? It was disconnected when I got it back from the collision shop, so I don't know where they disconnected it from. This is on the passengers side of the car, near the windshield washer reservoir. there no obvious place it plugs into, I'm thinking maybe it was plugged into a sensor module that was knocked off when a depressed deer threw itself into my car. It has a green and black wire into a plug. The only thing obvious to me doesn't work on the car in the A/C system, which I'm trying to address after replacing the condenser.

·
Registered
795 Posts
View attachment 449677
Can anyone tell me where this plug goes on a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS? It was disconnected when I got it back from the collision shop, so I don't know where they disconnected it from. This is on the passengers side of the car, near the windshield washer reservoir. there no obvious place it plugs into, I'm thinking maybe it was plugged into a sensor module that was knocked off when a depressed deer threw itself into my car. It has a green and black wire into a plug. The only thing obvious to me doesn't work on the car in the A/C system, which I'm trying to address after replacing the condenser.
View attachment 449679
Does your car "beep" when you lock it with the Key? If the answer is no then the body shop most likely forgot/lost to connect this. It happened to me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does beeps when I lock it, looking up that part number, it appears to be a keyless entry/anti-theft alarm and looks like it's in the correct location in the engine compartment where the connection is. Not having it doesn't appear to hurt me at all. Hey, where's my car?!!! It was parked outside a minute ago!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
View attachment 449677
View attachment 449679
It looks like there is a sensor right next to it that is missing a connection. Interestingly that sensor appears to plus into one of the AC lines, that could explain your problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, that's not it. I repaired the A/C system, it works great now. It was a learning experience to replace the condenser, get a vacuum on the system, add oil and Freon to the system. but It works great now, nice cold a/c. I ended up taping the electrical contacts left it hang.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Is that an open connector in the photo straight down below the new cross bracket, mounted in a metal brace? I will try to put an arrow on your photo to show it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that an open connector in the photo straight down below the new cross bracket, mounted in a metal brace?
Afraid not, I had the headlight out at one point when replacing it. I searched that whole area, even used my Iphone to take photos in areas I couldn't clearly see. All the systems seem to work fine, if something didn't work I could say Ah Ha! but I haven't seen anything yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts