Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Santa Fe Limited AWD 275,000 km. 170,500 mi.

Have been advised that the power steering pump is "sweating". Was advised that it is not significant and just ignore it.

However, the car is suffering from a burning oil smell in the passenger compartment, so I would like to clean the sweating fluid (oil) off and see if the smell disappears.

I cannot figure out where the pump is. I assume it is operated by the serpentine belt but I cannot determine the location.

Can anyone advise where the pump is located?

Thanks.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I would be more into front cover seep oil due to aged RTV,, Bank 2 cam cover seep oil all over alternator and A/C compressor,, though possible for aged P/S pressure hose to start seeping oil from itself.. pumps been of no real concern all these years

P/S pump is on bulkhead side of engine (Bank 1) down low -- pulley at lower left of pic --

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sbr711:

I have had the front cam cover replaced twice under the Hyundai campaign. The second time was successful and there is no leak now. I was getting the same burning oil smell when the gasket was leaking.

I have checked the front and rear cam cover gaskets and just about everything else I could think of and have not found any evidence of a fluid leak onto the exhaust system.

The leak (sweating) at the power steering pump is very, very minor but I thought it might be leaking fluid onto the exhaust. But in that location, it seems doubtful.

The smell is the worst after a long highway drive. While at speed the fresh air vent does not pick up the smell, but once you exit the freeway and come to a stop at a light the burning oil smell is terrible in the passenger compartment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts