Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i hope someone can help me. I want to clean the intake valves using CRC intake valve cleaner and can't seem to find the proper location to spray into. I know you have to bypass the MAF or MAP, but I can't even tell what is what. I've been searching Google for a engine compartment drawings but none exists for the 2019 model. There is also nothing on U Tube. I'm guessing the model year is too new and no one has cleaned the Intake valves ;)

if someone has done it or knows the best location in the intake system, I would greatly appreciate and hopefully everyone in this forum can also benefit. The intake valve cleaning in offered at dealerships at around $325 which includes the oil change. CRC Intake Valve cleaner is around $13 and relatively easy if you know where to spray it safely into. The dealers basically do the same thing.

Anyways any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,913 Posts
Your asking us to give you info about your engine but you don't tell us what engine it is we're working on?

EDIT : OK 2.4 GDi. I found the info in the FORUM RULES section (why do folk keep asking questions about cars there?)
There are videos on youtube showing CRC cleaner being used on 2.4GDi engines. Drop 2019 and Santa Fe from your search and you'll find them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry. 2.4 GDI 2019. I think the throttle body is on the bottom of the engine but I'm hoping there is a better place to spray closer to the air filter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I saw that video but it was on a 2016 2.4 GDI and the airflow is configured differently. I'm just looking for the best place to spray the CRC. Thank you for your help anyways.

·
Registered
15,913 Posts
It's not really different. You spray the stuff into the big hose coming off the air filter. I'm pretty sure the 2019 engine has a filter...right?
Did you see the 2018 video too?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wasn't able to find the 2018 video. Can you attach a link? I know I can spray after the filter but my other concern is the MAP sensor. I can't figure out where it is .

·
Registered
15,913 Posts
The MAP sensor is attached to the inlet manifold so there isn't really anything you can do to prevent the spray from coming into contact with it. I wouldn't worry about that.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,051 Posts
I read somewhere that said should not spray on the map sensor. Common sense would say not to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the video upload. While the video shows Sonata, the engine configuration looks the same and probably the same engine as the 2019 Santa Fe. My main concern is spraying into MAP sensor and triggering Engine light and possibly damaging MAP sensor.

I just want to make sure this is the right way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got a response from the CRC team and looks like GDI engines with MAP sensor is ok to spray. There was so many confusion and nothing definate on the web and hope this will clear it up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, you were 89% sure and now it's 100%;)(y). I found a pvc hose closer to the throttle body attached to the inlet Duc or I could take the hose leading directly to the throttle body but it's located too down by the engine and next to the cooling fan running at 2000 rpm while trying to spray, I think NOT.

I might even record the event for those DIY'ers wanting to save major $$$ as I believe this is necessary maintenance on GDI engines.?

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
605 Posts
I wonder how CRC compares to the Berryman Products. During my research for the Santa Fe and products & accessories I would buy for it, I found these products that I would use once a year to combat the negative GDI aspects:

Berryman Products 2640 4-Step Professional Air & Fuel System Maintenance Kit, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MTHN1YL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_-rKSDbPF5H4S1

The delivery looks a little easier than CRC. Bottle empties itself at a predefined rate.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,051 Posts
My colleague has a Sonata with the 2.0T that has over 200,000km. He never did injector, throttle body, valve services; engine still runs good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts