Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
QUOTE (aceriley @ May 7 2010, 02:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320535
where is the EGR valve on a atoz? 1999 year....
I do not remember ours having one. I have just looked on the Hyundai-motor.com web site but the earliest Atos 1.0 sohc currently listed is a 2002 model and under the emissions section of the shop manual only list PCV, Evap purge solenoid, MAP and intake air temp plus water temp sensor. No EGR valve. Not in torque settings either.

What makes you think you have one?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Steve_W @ May 7 2010, 07:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320683
I do not remember ours having one. I have just looked on the Hyundai-motor.com web site but the earliest Atos 1.0 sohc currently listed is a 2002 model and under the emissions section of the shop manual only list PCV, Evap purge solenoid, MAP and intake air temp plus water temp sensor. No EGR valve. Not in torque settings either.

What makes you think you have one?

im a mechanic of 30 years and im struggling on this one ,in the past with other cars ive had problems with egr valves giving this type of fault? stalling now and again and a total flat spot when you floor the accelerator? the only other things i can think of is the MAP sensor or throttle switch...any help would be usefull "would you beleive i used to teach car electronics a few years ago?" ive been out of the job for six years.....it would help if i had a manual?

·
Registered
284 Posts
QUOTE (aceriley @ May 8 2010, 12:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320690
im a mechanic of 30 years and im struggling on this one ,in the past with other cars ive had problems with egr valves giving this type of fault? stalling now and again and a total flat spot when you floor the accelerator? the only other things i can think of is the MAP sensor or throttle switch...any help would be usefull "would you beleive i used to teach car electronics a few years ago?" ive been out of the job for six years.....it would help if i had a manual?
Yes I see where you are coming from, our 2000 Vauxhall Zafira had an egr where as our later model did not. The stall and flat spot was a symptom of the egr requiring a clean. In fact I removed the valve in the end and plated the top. Not very helpful though in this case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Egr-valves seem to cause nothing but trouble. On my Rover 75 with diesel engine, I replaced the valve which was clogged up almost completely with a greasy substance. Eventually, the air intake was reduced to more than half causing the engine to run irregularely in idle revs and a flat spot in the revving when accelerating. Acceleration was getting poorly too, but that was something I didn't really notice as one gets used to it as problems like this come up slowly at the time. I made a bypass from a stainless steel tube and kind of 'copied the original egr-gear but without the actual egr-valve in it, thus way increasing the opening by about 30% (and compared with the clogged-up egr-valve even up to 70%).
The result was amazing, not only did the car run like never before (it was like a second turbo had slipped into it) but also fuel consumption was way better! Where before I did about 750km with a full tank, I reach up to 850 now!

·
Registered
460 Posts
QUOTE (aceriley @ May 8 2010, 12:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320690
Try the map sensor wiring back to the main harness first, then the crankshaft pulley for movement on the crankshaft. PM me if you need anymore help as I do not get on this site very much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.