Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all..ive got a 1997 excel sprint and have had it for 2 years..ive changed the oil 3 times and couldnt find the oil filter so i guessed it doesnt have one..but now i read it does..but i still cant find it.ive looked and looked and im still looking.lol..any help would be great.thanks.:),plus...do i put gearbox oil in??..and where do i put it?

·
Registered
133 Posts
My Hyundai is a 1992 model and has Mitshubishi motor fitted, so it will not be exactlty the same, but the filter is mounted under the engine (mine is at the front), You should change the oil and filter every 10,000k (kilometres) or 6 monthly, look underneath the engine, I sold my Nissan at 320,000k, so regular changes are important for long engine life, when you find and remove the oil filter and fit a new one, put a smear of oil on the rubber seal, I got a mechanic to drain and top up the gear box oil when I took the car for a Warrant of Fitness, the acess for topping up is on the side of the gearbox, so I think it is most probably easier to top up on a hoist

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Please find that filter and change it. Although even if filled up and plugged hopefully it would have gone into bypass but still, way too long on one filter. Owners' manual specs page will tell you the info needed to purchase one, auto parts store will lookup for you also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts