Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I got engine light on this morning and while I'm pushing gas pedal shaking is bad.
Some information said it could be TPS issue. However, I couldn't find TPS info from the service manual.

Does anyone know about the location of TPS or this symptom and solution?

Thank you.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,865 Posts
Some information said it could be TPS issue.
It "could be" lots of things. Did you scan the engine module to see what trouble code is logged? It would be pointless to take a guess about what is causing the problem without checking the code first.

jsda77 said:
Does anyone know about the location of TPS
The Throttle Position Sensor is part of the throttle valve assembly (AKA throttle body). There are two TPS in fact.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It "could be" lots of things. Did you scan the engine module to see what trouble code is logged? It would be pointless to take a guess about what is causing the problem without checking the code first.

The Throttle Position Sensor is part of the throttle valve assembly (AKA throttle body). There are two TPS in fact.

You are right. I didn't test with tester yet. I will. Thank you for your answers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dear AUTOSPARK,

I ran OBDII scan and scanner said the faulty code is P0302.
I hope it will be simple problem like bad spark plug or dirty crankshaft position sensor.

Any advice?

Thank you.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,865 Posts
Possibly a faulty ignition coil, which is fairly common.
To confirm just swap the cylinder 2 coil (the second one in from the left) with one of the other 3, then clear the trouble code and test drive the car. When the engine light comes on again rescan the module and see if the misfire has followed the coil. If so you can feel pretty confident that the coil is fault and needs to be replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts