Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old 2007 Sonata NF (GLS base). I am adding on a aftermarket fog light assembly to use as Driving/Fog lights.

I need tap into line that is active when ACC/Engine is on.

Anyone, know which engine compartment fuse slot/relay slot, or wire stud that I can use for this?

Thanks

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,322 Posts
I don't think you'll find an accessory supply in the engine bay. There are a couple of places where you can tap into an ignition supply though. The ignition coils power supply wire springs immediately to mind. The reverse light switch also has an ignition supply. And there's a diagnostic connector in the engine bay that also has an ignition supply. That would probably be the easiest one to access.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
If you decide to tap into any wire ...
I would suggest to determine the amount of current you will be drawing
Then to put a fuse upon the circuit (if it doesn't already have one)
Just for safety concerns

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I wouldnt tap ignition coil wiring.. leave that alone.. do some research into what become hot with key on, and use DVOM to verify, and tap circuit that has ability to feed the load on the new circuit..

Be aware, USA DOT / FMVSS regulations state fogs have to turn off when high beams come on

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,322 Posts
If you decide to tap into any wire ...
I would suggest to determine the amount of current you will be drawing
Then to put a fuse upon the circuit (if it doesn't already have one)
Just for safety concerns
I'd go a little further and suggest that if you decide to tap into any wire....
you make sure the wire your tapping is capable of carrying the amount of current you will be drawing.

There wouldn't be much point to fitting a 20A fuse to a wire that can only safely carry 10A.

But I assume the wiring diagram for your fog lamps is showing you that the ignition supply is only being used to control a relay?
If that's the case, the capacity of the ignition wire shouldn't be an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts