Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where can I get just a plain stock wheel for a 98 Accent hatchback? What exactly is the size of wheel I need? On sites, I've seen both 13x5 and 13x4.5 wheels listed, but I'm not sure what the stock ones are. The tires that are currently on it are P175/70R13

I had a little accident that ended up with a wheel getting bent a bit. I've been driving on it on the rear passenger side, though I probably shouldn't because it starts to shake about 60mph and when I brake. I've checked all the local junkyards with no luck, but I do live in a smaller town, so that's hardly surprising. The tire that's on it is finally shot, and I can't bring myself to put a new tire on it knowing I'd just eventually replace the wheel anyway.

·
Registered
17,554 Posts
VIN in hand, visit dealer part counter,, they will load VIN, ID chassis, and pull number,, happy to order for you

Factory Hyundai wheel has all info stamped on it when made... part number, and dimensions.. also called out on door post decal for tire wheel info, along with owner manual

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that would work. I'd rather not pay dealer prices though. I've done some light flipping through the documents you referred to, but haven't dug super deep. If I discovered the dimensions and stuff from said documentation, would just any matching wheel match up just fine? I mean, they are measurements, so logically they should, but I don't know much about wheels so, for me at least, it's worth clarifying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our daughter has a 1997 Accent Hatchback, bumped a guard rail recently (after the Southern California rains made roads slick) and bent her rim. We're searching for a new rim also!
Having a hard time getting all the correct specs, because we're doing this long-distance 2,000 miles from her. We've seen 13" rims on trailer supply stores online, not too expensive, but we still don't know if they'll fit.

Dealer wasn't helpful and just said it wasn't available anymore, but not sure if my husband asked for the specs .Please post if you resolve this and we'll do the same!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts